Block modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm might be hitting a snag

got a look at the bell hoising and i think i might weeken it if a try to clearance it for a starter. hmmm this kind of bites going to go look at one inperson tomarrow at a local yard and hold it up to a 3x00 block and see what i need to do. if wourse comes to wours i will have to use a RWD 3.4
    92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

If your using a manual trans you may be able to keep the drivers side starter if you can find the correct bell housing. 2.2L engines in S-10's used a driver side starter with the same bellhousing pattern. There was also that Camaro housing from the 80's that had dual starter pockets.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

a T-5 would die a horrid death as soon as a put boost to it so i am going to use an auto trans. mainly the 700-r4 from the 80's camaro with a 2.8-3.1L
        92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

The 93 f-body is also the same trans in a different case, just an FYI.

Wasn't there a Trooper trans that had the dual starter pockets, or was that also their manuals?
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

good to know a bought the '93. was not 100% sure when it became the 4T60-E i know a 4T60 will work (non electronic)

Comment

T=FWD(or technically with a fiero its RWD)
              L=RWD....

4l60=/=4t60
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                T=FWD(or technically with a fiero its RWD)
                L=RWD....

4l60=/=4t60
                t = transverse (so that makes Fiero correct)
                l = longitudinal

Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

thats the more technical way of saying it(and correct according to GM), but usually when i explain it that way, i get a real confused stare...
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

i know that i had a brain fart

so any 4L60 before it became electronicly controled
                    Last edited by 01GPGT; 08-25-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

94 up is electric trans for the "L" designation.
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

You don't necessarily have to use the T5 from an S-10. Chevy used the same trans to bellhousing patter and Ford in the later years. I am not sure on all the details but a T5 from a Mustang or perhaps a T56 might be a possibility .

If an Auto is your choice then would a 4L60E from a 2.2L S-10 fit the bill? The starter is on the driver side. The only thing you would need is a controller and several companies have that covered.
                        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

really? i did not know that. doese the 2.2 have the metric bolt pattern like the 660?

i can get a 4l60 for a S-10 cheaper then one from a camaro as well so this would be a win

Comment

Yes, same pattern.GM small corporate pattern.
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

well hot damn. this makes it alot easier

Comment

Are the those transmissions the same as the 4.3 except for the bellhousing? I know later year auto's with the removable bellhousing look identical but i believe those are electrically different from the mid 90's ones. I was reading on s10 forum that the 2.2 auto is the 'little brother' of the 4.3 auto but wasnt sure what the differences were or what years it covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X