No announcement yet.

Block modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the trans will be rebuilt before it sees any real power so that is not a consern of mine
    92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

Yes later 4L60E Transmissions have removable cases. The 2.2L was used until 02 or 03 so you can choose one with the 2 part case if you wish.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

so i could in theory(sp) buy a 4L60 from a LS1 car remove the bell housing and just buy a bell housing fror a 2.2 s-10? well jeese this is a bit easier then a i thought.

the controler will be a snag though i bet they are pricey
        92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

i found a thm700 for a 2.5L 4cyl S-10 any one know what bolt pattern that has? i can not see to find mutch info on it i think it is the iron duke like what is also in the F-bodies and fiero

Comment

"The Tech IV uses the same bellhousing pattern as the 2.8 L 60-Degree V6."
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I don't know what side the starter is on but it is the same pattern.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

ya the strater is the mistory. i gues i could go to the yard and look at it and then post my findings may help peaple wanting to put a gen III in a RWD vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by 01GPGT View Post
                  ya the strater is the mistory. i gues i could go to the yard and look at it and then post my findings may help peaple wanting to put a gen III in a RWD vehicle
                  /me raises hand!

I want to put a 3500 in mine, and am trying to make my turbo setup so it will even swap over
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

well then now i am going to have to look lol

i will probably look at it on wensday then.

Comment

Are you sure it's not easier to notch the bell housing in the RWD auto? I'll be mounting a 4t60 (non-e) to the motor in my garage in the next few days, so I'll be taking a closer llok at it.
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

it's a no go any way found a pic of an iron duke from a S-10 and the starter was on the pass side

looks like puting in a notch will be the easiest and cheapest way. if it can be done i do not have the parts to actualy see if it would work or not

Comment

I do. I am swapping a Performabuilt Level2 into a customer's car, and will have a slipping trans to work with
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

sweet let me know what you find

hope i can get the car soon so i can start doing some R&D my self

Comment

I don't think you have to notch the auto trans. It looked like the starter would work on the left or right with the th200 (3 speed) in my 83 firebird. just needed to make/ modify the torque converter cover for the oppiste side. I would look in to it more but my trans is too deep in my storage unit right now.
                              1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                              1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                              1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                              14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                              9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                              14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

the TH200 was desind to also work with an Olds engine so it has the nothch all ready i bealve the 700 does not but with out the parts i can't say.

FF did you look at the trans yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X