Headgaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgaskets

Hey dudes, well just a little question. What headgaskets can I use?? Becuase I bought a while ago copper gaskter but no good head leakage problem. Now I have stock ones but they are also shot now. So they don't hold the turbo pressure. what else can I do?? I'm fed up with this headgasket problem.

MAYBE you need to check deck surfaces for warpage? Also, what RA are you using? What torque specs AND procedures are you using? Where are they blowing out at? Same area?

Pictures of the blown head gaskets would be a plus. Post those up.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Well I didn't check were they blowing but , just got the milky oil again. Hmmm torque specs are if I remember hmmm 90 lb and hmm I Have ARP headstuds. Well before the engine was runnin smooth , after some test driving I heard a POP sound and that was it.
      This is like the thirth time already with stock gaskets.
      before the car was running I check the heads for warpage and they were good.

Comment

was it in boost when they went? if so, you may have detonation issues. knock will blow holes through pistons and headgaskets VERY easily with a turbo motor.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

yes it was in boosting but I the computer didn't register any knock and the car is in boos t at a 12 A/F wide band

but detonation is something that can happen anytime

Comment

Originally posted by TurboAlero View Post
            yes it was in boosting but I the computer didn't register any knock and the car is in boos t at a 12 A/F wide band

but detonation is something that can happen anytime
            correct, detonation CAN happen anytime, but its MUCH more destructive should it happen while boosted.
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

yeps,

is there anyother option for headgasket then stock or copper gasket for our engines?

Comment

correctly made, copper gaskets SHOULD stand up to a lot of abuse...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Yeps I know that, but these ones that I bought way back from Donky punch performance didn't seal good , I did every thing twice but it didnt hold the coolant

Comment

Yeps I know that, but these ones that I bought way back from Donky punch performance didn't seal good , I did every thing twice but it didnt hold the coolant
                    custom made from a local machine shop that knows what they're doing? exactly how much boost are you pushing?
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

12 PSI out of a GT40 turbo

Comment

Are you running stock head bolts and if so, are you using a new set each time?
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

not sure which exact GT40 you're talking about but according to squirrelpf, thats correctly sized for a 3400, and i'm assuming you're making around 320HP... i've seen stock headgaskets for TGPs go up to close to 400(possibly more) without failing. stock compression ratio?

EDIT: and of course, Ben comes up with something simple that i completely passed over. torque-to-yield headbolts...
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

torque specs are if I remember hmmm 90 lb and hmm I Have ARP headstuds.
                            RTFT!!
                            -Brad-
                            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                            sigpic
                            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                              X