Headers For Lumina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers For Lumina

Hey I'm Looking For Headers For My Lumina It's A 3100 SFI It Has A Ram Air & 2 Flowmasters Out Back With 2 1'4 Tubbing From Headers...Where Can I Find Headers For It??? Since I Want To Finish The Exhausts So I Can Move The Intake Manifolds Way Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated...
    sigpic
    <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>
    3100 SFI V6 POWERED CHEVY LUMINA

Pacesetter and S&S make headers that will fit onto the 3100, however I would recommend getting S&S over Pacesetter. I would like to note that no headers are a direct fit for the Lumina engine bay. You will probably need to cut a portion off the headers and weld the downpipe directly to them. You may also need to modify the firewall so that there is enough room for the rear header to clear.

One guy I know has the headers, cut a section off the rear (the flange I think?) and didn't have to modify the firewall. However he has stiffer motor mounts that keep the engine from moving too much.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

Don't you have to trim a bit off the front motor mount too?
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The front motor mount on the Lumina blocks the cylinder 2 exhaust port.

You have to totally remove it, and get a spacer for the AC compressor.

There will be some issues with fitting the rear header, but not near as many issues as I had in my Cutlass Supreme.

The Lumina has a slightly redesigned firewall, so you might not have to do as much to the rear of the header like I did.

If you end up welding the rear header straight to the exhaust system, be sure to put a FLEX JOINT in there. I didn't and ended up cracking the rear header.
        Taylor
        1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
        1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
        1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
        1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
        "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Hmm Maybe Its Better To Go And Make It In A Machine Shop? Do You Think It's The Best Idea? What Else Can Be Considered as An Option? I Want Real Gains Not Just Ported Exhaust Manifolds...
          sigpic
          <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>

Comment

I would have a shop do something, or attempt to do it yourself if you understand the theory behind them (more than just welding pipes together).

No matter what you do, until the exhaust is done, you are going to be really limited. If you are not able to do the headers, then at least get the downpipe redone. The stock downpipe is really small. It LOOKS thick, but it is really a pipe inside of a pipe. This is the downpipe from my 1996 Grand Prix 3100, and it is only 1 7/8

Taylor
            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Right, I forgot about the front motor mount getting in the way. It does take some modification to get them to fit and they aren't a direct bolt on. However no one makes headers that directly fit into our engine bay. Milzy made a set once, but the guy who has them has disappeared and no dyno numbers were ever released, nor is he available for comment on them.

The headers have been done though, and are worth it IMO. I'll be getting headers for my build eventually.

What year Lumina you got anyway? Base, LS or LTZ?

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

So You Recommend Upgrading The Downpipe To 2 1/4 ? And My Lumina It's A 1999 Base...I Have Got To Say He Moves Great In The Track I Ran With Another Lumina With 2 1/4 Tubbing And Two Cherrybombs Also Had CAI And I Ran 5 Cars Ahead Of Him...Also With A 1996 Grand Prix 3100 SFI With Ram Air And 2 1/2 Tubbing And 2 Magnaflows In The Back And I Won Like By 4 Cars...Those Were Street Nights...So No Times...
                sigpic
                <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>

Comment

track times are better because you can get a breakdown and be sure that you win because of your engine, and not that you just got a good jump on them.

I would do the downpipe in 2 1/2. 3 inch will not fit without some work. Well, at least 3 inch will not fit in my car, but your firewall has been slightly changed since mine.
                  Taylor
                  1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Yeah Pretty Sure... I Will See What Can I Do On Saturday For The Downpipe...But Will Doing This Would Help Me For Better Exhaust Flow??? Or It's Just For The Fun of it...I Mean Does It Really Helps ?
                    sigpic
                    <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>

Comment

Sorry to kinda like hi-jack the tread here but i am doing a 3400 swap in my beretta Z-26 are there any headers that would be able to be ran in my engine bay??
                      96' Z26.

Comment

YOU SHALL DIE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!! Kidding!!!!!! But I Got To Ask You...Why Are You Making Such A Swap? I Prefer A 3100 SFI Vs A 3400 Maybe It Runs A Little Better But With What Little I Have...They Are My Sons!!! I Can Beat That Car/Engine With My 3100...And About Your Question, I'm Pretty Sure Someone Here Would Help You
                        sigpic
                        <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>

Comment

Originally posted by n_c_mail View Post
                          Sorry to kinda like hi-jack the tread here but i am doing a 3400 swap in my beretta Z-26 are there any headers that would be able to be ran in my engine bay??
                          Not without modifications. Most headers are made for N-body cars (Malibu, Grand AM) which have a different firewall setup than the Berettas. You can hack up a set of S&S headers and do some rewelding to make them work, though.
                          -Brad-
                          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                          sigpic
                          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

yes, you will get gains from the downpipe. The stock setup is highly restrictive. It will not be as good as headers, but it will be a good impovement over stock.

I also prefer the 3100 over the 3400, but that is just me.
                            Taylor
                            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Heh You're A Wise Man!!! I Have Race With Some 3800 Guys Grand Prix/Boneville And The Catch Me In 3rd Gear In About 90MPH As Of It Now I Have Only Lost To A GTP And A Lumina Z34 (1994 I Think) Who Had Lots Of Things Done To It...He Was Selling It, But, I Didn't Have Money

I Asked Pacesetter About Headers For My Car Or What Can Work And They Said The Had Nothing...
                              I Asked S&S And No Answer Yet...
                              Any Other Thing Would Be Very Helpful

Also It's 2 1/4 A Good Set Up? The Car Has It Done Like The Monte Carlo Exhaust I Was Thinking Maybe 2 1/2 But I Don't Know If I Will Lose Power With The Two Flowmasters...They Told Me "Maybe You'll Gain, Maybe You'll Lose" So I Went With Stock Size...
                              sigpic
                              <~AMERICAN MUSCLE~>

Comment

Working...
                              X