Compression Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression Question

I did a search but could find what I was looking for. I want to build a 3.4 rwd block with 3400 fwd heads for a turbo application. I know 3400 or tdc 3400 pistons will give me a lower compression ratio than the 3.4 piston but don't know exactly what the cr would be.

Compression Question

3400 pistons will give you good compression ratio for boost. Will be the same as stock 3400 compression ratio.

IIRC TDC pistons would actually raise the compression ratio more than 3.4 pistons.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Please don't call the DOHC/Twin Dual Cam a 3400. It is a Gen II motor. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Lowest compression would be with the 3400 pistons(28.6cc) at 9.6:1, the 3.4 pistons (8cc) would give you 12.9:1 and finally the DOHC pistons(5 cc) would be up in the 13s...

Looks like there's only one choice if you're going turbo.
      sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
      - Ben

Comment

Thanks Guys, my bad I saw it call a tdc while doing my search.I started gathering materials for this project a couple of years ago but had to put it on hold for various reasons.Looks like I may be able to get started on it in the near future so I'm doing some research .

Comment

Working...
        X