update: 3.4 eng cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update: 3.4 eng cracks

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on the eng cracks issue you all helped me with. I have finished the rebuild and test drive on fri. Wish I could say all went well, but you know. First, I have absolutely no problems with the cracks in the block. No leaks, or other issues from the cracks in the deck. The block took the torque, plus a touch more, with no problems. Plus the lifter and valve problem I also had has been sorted out. SORT OF!!! There is just a little tick from probably just one, but it is so nominal, so I just decided to live with it. My hyper-calibrated seat of the pants dyno says there is a little bit of low end torque loss. Was hoping for a street racer minivan, but I'll take what I can get. Guess I'll have to break out the backup racevan to run at Daytona in feb. Now for what went wrong. On my 01 silhouette the ps pump is blocked in by the uim, alt and bracket and the fuel rail. Soooo, while it was down to the block, I decided to replace it. 210k miles, and 9+ yrs, it was the smart thing to do. So I thought. The old pump worked, so I replaced it it with a reman unit the didn't. Smart huh? I wanted to bite thru a half inch ratchet. Broke the pulley press, and couldn't find one in four different stores. I did bite thru a half inch ratchet!!(wonder if sears will notice the teeth marks)But it's all done, and working well. In a straight line as well as turns(that's left AND right, not 1,2,3 and 4 for all the NASCAR fans). I really appreciate your help with my project. And I really love this site. I'm learning alot. THANKS!

Glad to hear its working for you. Hopefully it will continue to work for a long time and those cracks don't affect anything. Sucks about the PS pump, but at least its all working again.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
    X