2.8 intake/carb help WANTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 intake/carb help WANTED

I`m new hear and don`t know my way around to good yet so forgive me if I`m redundant.
    I have a 2.8 from a 85 S-10.I thought That it had a Throttle body but I found out today its a carb.
    In a nut shell I just want to change the intake and carb. to something more "normal" I don`t know anything about this setup and I want to strip the motor down as much as I can to make it fit into a midget.
    I know edelbrock makes two intakes that would work.
    Better still would be to find something used that would interchange.
    I have the old "carb"but I think I need the computer and fuel pump to make that work dont I?
    Thanks for any help.

you can switch to an earlier non electronic carb and distributor that will be tunable with a screwdriver just like any other carb.

What you have is the Rochester E2SE carb which has an electronic mixture control. Most vehicles before 85 has the 2SE carb which is a standard carb. They also had a mechanical/vacuum advance distributor. The 2SE carb is just like a Rochester Quadrajet sectioned in half down the middle of the carb.

There are also Weber carb kits and Edelbrock and Holley 2bbl carbs that will work.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
    X