3100 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3100 questions

Ok guys.. i am gonna have to ask you guys and gals to clarify this swap thing for me ( yes you will need the PURPLE crayon )lol. I have a '96 3100 engine.. If I bought the '00+ ported 3100 manifold set, and the '00+ street ported 3100 heads from WOT-TECH, will that be a straight forward bolt-on process?? or do I need to also look at getting a '00+ PCM too?? Will I have ANYTHING else to be concerned with?? I am gonna be leaning on you guys for the info... I dont mind doin the work, I just believe in you guys that you won't steer me wrong..
    thanks in advance.. Shawn

__________________________________________________ ______________
    1996 Chevrolet Corsica w/3100 V6, Soon to become my homage to my favorite NASCAR driver.....

for the most part, it will be a straightforward swap without having to do the PCM. To do the PCM requires also doing the newer fuel injectors, and more wiring.

I did the intake swap on my 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 3100, and the only thing that was not a direct bolt on was the heater pipe that goes into the back of the lower intake manifold by the thermostat. The older one was SCREWED IN, but the newer one was PRESSED IN. I just got a new pipe from GM, and it was all done.

Only other thing that comes to mind is the EGR setup. Seeing that you already have an OBD2 car, then it is the same connectors, and stuff, but if the newer upper intake manifold has the newer EGR setup, you will need to get the newer EGR, and EGR PIPE.
    Taylor
    1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
    1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
    1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
    "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

I have access to cheap parts because I buy them at cost throught the shop i work at... however i still went ghetto and bridged the new and old style coolant pipes with HOSE baby!!!

Comment

Working...
      X