Timing, adjusting IAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing, adjusting IAC

Are there any vacuum lines that are supposed to be plugged when performing either of the functions mentioned? My book refers to the info under the hood and the info under the hood says nothing.
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

When you adjust timing you need to disconnect the ESC wire under the dash. When you adjust the IAC you are actually adjusting the base idle. So you need to put the ECM in diagnostic mode and turn the key on (no start) wait 30 seconds and the unplug the IAC motor. Start the truck and adjust the base idle. I like to adjust it to about 100 RPM less than what it would normally idle at when hot.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

That's the way I've been doing it. Thanks.
      '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Working...
      X