No announcement yet.

3400 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PCV is a check valve in a way... I'm not sure on the pressure that it will handle... Also I'm not sure which direction you should hook it up... get one and see which way it blocks the air... that might work.

Just my .02

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

What spec clutch is that? Also if you run the car with no check valve in the pcv system you are going to shoot oil out of the valve cover breather. i just unhooked my pcv valve and it solved the problem or most of it.

If that is a spec stage 3 clutch....your better off just to send it back now because they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by z24turbo93 View Post
        What spec clutch is that? Also if you run the car with no check valve in the pcv system you are going to shoot oil out of the valve cover breather. i just unhooked my pcv valve and it solved the problem or most of it.

If that is a spec stage 3 clutch....your better off just to send it back now because they suck.
        Why? That's the first bad review I've heard of Spec's stage 3. I know I've heard bad things about Bully's stage 3.
        1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT *new project*
        1990 Pontiac Tempest LE *GONE* ~formally 3400/5-speed equipped~

Comment

i am running the spec stage 3 without any issues what so ever... as far as the check valve i will figure that out this week.. i dont know what im going to do but the brake booster check valve sounds like a good starting point..
          1996 beretta w/a 04' 3400 3.5 top end, 42.5lb hr, 180*thermo, t3t4 .63ar 60 trim, LC1 WB, FMIC, greddy rs BOV,TIAL 38mm wastegate,791xv,fidanza,stage III clutch,TG LSD,ffp udp,walbro 255 lph,strut tower brace,22 rear sway,30 front sway,92 5sp tranny,92 subframes,all solid mounts,kyb shocks and struts,eibachs,battery in trunk,tgp map sensor,DHP Powrtuner,euro front and rear and more to come soon...mods sitting in boxes waiting install....zo4 kit,GTU wing,and more..

Comment

Spec seemed to be really hit and miss on their clutches. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual disc, but the pressure plate. We ordered one for Steve's wagon and it never held up, the engagement point was almost at the top of the stroke, etc. It seemed that they had the breakover point on the spring in the pressure plate set wrong, so it never actually had enough clamping force.

I've never heard anything bad about bully, but I'm sure they occassionally have a bad one. But Spec, several local shops do not carry Spec anymore, because they were having a 60-70% failure rate with them.

I had a Clutchmasters in mine, and except for an incorrect part once, it's always held up. I kept it in the car even with the mild motor now, simply because it cost me a lot and it works, so why now keep it.
            Curtis
            91\' Turbo Z24
            http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

The engagement point on my spec clutch was right on the floor. I had to stand on the pedal sometimes for it to go into second gear. Also when racing it the clutch couldn't hold up for more than 4 runs before it would start slipping and slip badly. If i still have my spec clutch laying around i will take a pic of it sometimes so that you can look at it. I have replaced it with a bully stage 4 clutch and i havent' had a problem with this clutch since. The engagement point is perfect and it doesn't even slip when you speed shift.

Comment

Not too many miles on it yet, but my spec stage 3 is doin pretty good so far. My stage 3 Clutchmasters clutch disk had the rivets loosen from the hud so by the time I found the problem it had a lot of play in it, I'm guessing that could of caused a few bigger problems if I hadn't checked it like I did. The spec seems to actually grip more and engage better so far, the pedal feels softer then the clutchmaster too which is nice. I have a 3400 with a few extras but nothing too great..
                1996 Beretta, 3400/5 speed, internet Tune, FFP UDP, Billet/poly mounts, ported intake manifolds, WAI, 2.5" mandrel exhaust, Borla ProXS, Intrax, KYB, poly front end kid, welded a-arms, strut, shock and sub-frame braces.

Comment

Working...
                X