No announcement yet.

2000 Lumina Dies coming to a stop & put in Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's like one of the guys on TRS. He was changing back to his normal tires (put on shorter tires to pass bumper height laws for inspections a couple years ago. The jack gave while he had his head between the tire and the fender. Luckily there was another guy there with him helping so he came out with a shattered jaw and got his mouth wired shut, but he's still here. I tend not to trust jacks anymore, even my good 2 ton floor jack. I have 3 pairs of jack stands.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
      That's like one of the guys on TRS. He was changing back to his normal tires (put on shorter tires to pass bumper height laws for inspections a couple years ago. The jack gave while he had his head between the tire and the fender. Luckily there was another guy there with him helping so he came out with a shattered jaw and got his mouth wired shut, but he's still here. I tend not to trust jacks anymore, even my good 2 ton floor jack. I have 3 pairs of jack stands.
      Yeah really. I'll be honest, it got me thinking about mortality. Glad I had the jackstand in place with just my arm under the car.

I'll post a pic of the jack and where it failed. I have a new appreciation for hydraulic jacks. They tend to fail much slower. Unless your on a JLG and it starts bucking 60 feet up in the air. The JLG failure scared the piss outta me. I was weak knees, chain smoking, lol its funny now.
      1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Working...
      X