• Show
Clear All

• Need help ID'ing clutch line fittings, please

Click image for larger version

Name:	clutchlinepic01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	380835

I have the master from an 88-90 GP and a new internal hydraulic TOB for a 91-93.

What kind of quick disconnects am I working with here? Specifically the (top/left) and (top/middle) pic. That is the end I need to connect to and run it to the htob fitting (bottom pic)

If there isn't an easy solution, I might have to buy a 91-93 master with line.

Or is the 88-90 master piston diameter too small to push the 91-93 HTOB far enough to fully engage?

I admit, high pressure hydraulics are tough. Either its a perfect fit or it ain't right.

Thanks

edit: Not sure about the years but basically I have the master for the fork style and removed the big bulky slave like thing. The throw out bearing is hydraulic, as seen from the pic. So I'm trying to match the master to the htob, but now I'm not sure if it will work.
    Last edited by Schmieder; 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM.

You could take the nut in to size it and do away with the quick release and install two nuts with a flare union in its place.

What ever you do, for the love of baby carrots, DO NOT use compression fittings on this or it will fail quick.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
      You could take the nut in to size it and do away with the quick release and install two nuts with a flare union in its place.

What ever you do, for the love of baby carrots, DO NOT use compression fittings on this or it will fail quick.
      I hear ya! That is exactly why I need to find the proper fittings. The slave itself is easy, -3AN or maybe -4AN brass hydraulic coupler as I learned recently. Gotta keep my new rebuilt trans happy by having a proper operating clutch.

But the master line end is goofy. Just like a quick connect for my air compressor but doesn't make a perfect fit.

However, realizing the master came from the bleedless style clutch lines I may be asking for trouble. So I think I'm just going to have to replace the master w/ a unit that matches properly. One with the quick disconnect (top right) pic that came with the slave.

Unless someone knows a great performance aftermarket master cylinder? That will match the hydraulic slave.

This is my slave.....a referrence pic, not the actual slave but same model.

Comment

btw, that slave was recommended by PontiacJeff at EP. He said it was the one I needed due to the bell housing. So that's what I got. The slave is the right fit, now I need to match a master.

BUT, I must be brain dead or something because I can not find the clutch hydraulic lines anywhere. I suppose it is as easy as any hydraulics?

So, I matched a master cylinder for a 93 Beretta as they used the same slave as what I have.

Now, how do people connect the master/slave for the 93 berettas (and others with same slave of course)?

I can't take my slave into a shop to match up the fittings, I'll have to guess at that and purchase a few flared/AN fittings to find the perfect match. Then find a hydraulic braided line?

Can anyone recommend a hydraulic line for this combo?
        Master
        SLAVE

Comment

i love baby carrots. do what you can to save them.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster5333 View Post
            i love baby carrots. do what you can to save them.
            Mmm, baby carrots and ranch....
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

honey glazed, with the slightest little pinch of cinnamon.

Comment

Working...
              X