'99 Fuel Rail Reassembly on my 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Fuel Rail Reassembly on my 3100

I've got to reassemble the supply and return fittings on the fuel rail my Son took apart instead of the quick-connect fittings. I've got the O-Rings. Is there anything I should know before doing this?
    I figure I'll put a little oil on the O-Rings to prevent damage on assembly.
    Anything else I'm missing?
    BTW, I saw the warning to not grasp the pressure regulator when disassembling.
    I'm sure my Son did. Should I replace the regulator now?
    As always, thanks for all helpful replies.
    jogasz28

'68 RS Camaro,
    Project '69 Camaro in the works
    '95 Monte Carlo Z34 loaded,
    '99 Monte Carlo LS

You should be fine with a thin film of oil. I've never been told anything about grasping the regulator, so I've no idea on that. One thing you could do to see if the diaphragm is ruptured is to throw a vacuum pump on it before you throw it all back together. If it doesn't hold a vacuum, the diaphragm is bad and it needs replaced. Also, you put this in the DOHC section which gets very little traffic nowadays.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
      You should be fine with a thin film of oil. I've never been told anything about grasping the regulator, so I've no idea on that. One thing you could do to see if the diaphragm is ruptured is to throw a vacuum pump on it before you throw it all back together. If it doesn't hold a vacuum, the diaphragm is bad and it needs replaced. Also, you put this in the DOHC section which gets very little traffic nowadays.

I appreciate the reply.
      My Son and I are pulling a work until we have to stop for whatever reason...so far so good on parts needed I wanted to replace and everythings going (too) smooth.
      Everything is back together except the Throttle Body and upper Engine Mounts.
      So I hope the regulator is all right.
      One thing concerns me:
      I used the Fel-Pro Gasket Kit and used the original 18 Ft/LBs Torque. When I was doing the last go around on the upper intake (no torque sequence in the FM) it didn't feel like the bolts were tightening like I'd expect. I used an Inch/Lb torque wrench. (18 x 12).
      I didn't look for the updated torque specs so I hope I didn't over torque them.
      jogasz28

'68 RS Camaro,
      '99 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

Started up the 3.1 last night about 8 o'clock.
        Started on the second crank.
        No leaks.
        No loud noises
        Oils clean.
        Coolants clean
        No leftover parts too!
        We'll run it today for awhile to make sure everything is ok.
        I am one happy SOB

Thanks to all who helped with replies.
        jogasz28

'68 RS Camaro,
        '99 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

Working...
        X