it did this before....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it did this before....

car died on me, thought it could have been electrical. its not. its something with the fuel system. i dont smell any fuel or see any dripping from anywhere. its a new fuel pump (89 ZR1 AC Delco pump) on maybe its 2nd tank of gas. newly reconditioned injectors (3800 SCII). i can see my fuel pressure at the rail, it goes to about 45 when priming and forced on but drops immediatly to 15 when cut off. the fuel filter is relatively new. has maybe 200 miles on it. the only thing that isnt new is the FPR (junkyard spec). its a 3400 fuel rail w/ 3400 FPR. think it could be that causing these issues?
    ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

a bad FPR can cause the pressure to drop like that.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

i drove it home. but it stalled out on me again. all FP function ceased. the fiero fuel pump relay still works and clicks. but everything past it does not. i have a hotwire fp kit on there btw. i checked with my DMM for voltage at the hotwire relay. none. so i forced the fp on and it turned on and the car started right up. i remembered i had to change some wiring around when i put the oil press gauge in there. i had to bypass the oil pressure sender cause its no longer a fuel pump cut off switch for this setup. there must be a loose wire for this section of it. but the fuel press gauge is still reading low fuel press when the fp is off. immediate drop to 15 psi from 45 psi. ill be buying an adjustable FPR from wot-tech. when i have the extra cash.
      ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

Comment

Working...
      X