Installing a 3.4L starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Installing a 3.4L starter

I just installed a 3.4L engine on my MGB. I need to install the cables to the starter. I know the cables for a MGB. Can some body explain to me who the cables are connected to a 3.4L starter and were they go that way I can connect the ones from the MGB. Thanks

Originally posted by luismave55 View Post
    I just installed a 3.4L engine on my MGB. I need to install the cables to the starter. I know the cables for a MGB. Can some body explain to me who the cables are connected to a 3.4L starter and were they go that way I can connect the ones from the MGB. Thanks
    Here are the Basic Wiring Diagrams that will point you in the right direction as to how to properly set up a baseline starter system unique to the wiring in the MGB. Either one of these will suffice, as long as you follow the parts and pieces consistently when you purchase the associated fusing, wiring and starter with solenoid, etc.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 12-10-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks. it will help greately.

Comment

Anytime...

One last issue that occurred to me to mention is the question of how your MGB is grounded. As crazy as the question might seem... and without knowing whether or not you are British and know the MGB car line series intimately... is the possibility that your car's overall electrical system was set up at the factory in the UK with a Positive (+) Grounding System.

All motor vehicles manufactured in the United States after 1955... have the Negative (-) Battery Terminal Grounded. All vehicles manufactured in Europe and Asia after 1971 also have the same Negative Grounding set up. But... it might be good idea to check on the pedigree of your MGB and find out before you encounter wierd situations with connections seemingly wired backwards and resistors or diodes seemingly back-ass-wards and not working after you wire it all up...American Style...

Comment

Working...
        X