motor swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor swap questions

i have an 01 monte with a 3400 heads are bad i am swaping a 3400 out of a 03 impala my monte has traction control impala does not on my monte there is an extra hook up for my t/c that goes to the brake booster do i need to put my old harness in or can i use the other one and have no problems?

leave your engine harness in the car. just swap over the motor.

you don't need to do any re-wring use all your old stuff.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

thats what i was thinking its a esay wireing swap well i got an extra trany and my old motor if anyone needs parts

Comment

swapping an engine does not requiring swapping harness. unplug all your sensors and whatnot, remove old engine, install new engine, plug sensors back into old harness... and you are set
        94 Grand Prix
        3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

i got it done it was easier to pull the harness with the motor then swap the harness

Comment

confused. it wasnt easier to use the harness that was on the car? using the harness off another car would def be harder
            94 Grand Prix
            3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

Originally posted by JMo60 View Post
              confused. it wasnt easier to use the harness that was on the car? using the harness off another car would def be harder

I think he is saying they pulled the old motor and harness out. While out of the vehicle they swapd the old harness to the new motor and dropd the new motor and old harness back into the car and walla.

Thats how i would do it atleast. it is much easier to unhook everything from the engine while its out of the car.

S
              Shane "RedZMonte"
              2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
              1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
              -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
              2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
              1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
              1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
              1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
              1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

depends on your car, its uber easy for me to unplug everything from the engine and really thats the only way I go, I would hate to pull out a rats nest of wiring if not necessary, I also remove most of the accessories before I pull a motor.

Got Lope?
                3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

well i got lots of room i dont gotta pull the acessories i wanted to swap a l67 in but expensive to get

Comment

Working...
                  X