Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Guage

Temperature Gauge not working.

I have a 1991 S10 regular cab 2.8L V6 TBI and the coolant temperature gauge is not working. I used a Haynes manual from Toyota to determine that the gauge will move. By shorting the lead to ground the gauge goes full swing simulating overheating when the ignition is on without starting the engine. I replaced the sensor with an equivalent to GM PN 25036807 and the gauge is still not functioning correctly. After shorting it out the gauge returns to zero with the new sensor connected and remains there even after driving. Any ideas?

Paul

do you have an air bubble in your coolant tract?

is the water pump pumping?

do you have a wasted connector (check the pins inside)

wiring ok? (continuity test)

last, is the sensor you bought prove to be ok? (its based on resistance, check resistance in a pan on the stove, it should rise with temp)
    3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
    96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
    2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
    1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

It would not surprise me one bit that the sensor you bought is junk. I have seen it tons of times. Try getting a Delco one from your dealership.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
      X