Carburated 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburated 3100

Just curious, has anyone every tried to run a 3.1 or 3100 with a carburator?

I'm not planning on running mine with one. I just wondered if it has been done, and what needs to be done to make it work.
    1988 Grand Prix - project
    1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
    sigpic

it's been done, usually for sand rails and other similar apps, but it's a PITA, especially considering all the power/economy lost due to it.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

What is a PITA?
      sigpic

Comment

you

Pain In The Ass
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Hey!
          sigpic

Comment

you set yourself up for it!
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Not finished yet but my 47 Chevy has the 3.1, put an 85 Blazer intake carb and distributer on, is auto, will try and get it running soon! Sure it will run!!! I think!

Comment

Working...
              X