Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.8L exhaust leak, causing sluggish accleration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. Ok, thanks.

I guess I'll have to go to an exhaust shop and have them custom fab a downpipe for it. I was trying to avoid any extra cost, but this is a required thing. I need the motor to breathe.
    1988 Grand Prix - project
    1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
    sigpic

Comment

• Oh I almost forgot, would anyone be interested in a nifty boat anchor, doorstop, or freakin' huge paperweight? As soon as I take all the parts I need off the 2.8, I'll sell it to whoever want's it.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Grand Prix View Post
        Oh. Ok, thanks.

I guess I'll have to go to an exhaust shop and have them custom fab a downpipe for it. I was trying to avoid any extra cost, but this is a required thing. I need the motor to breathe.
        any good with a dremel or an air die-grinder? you can open them up quite a bit. won't flow as well as the 3100 logs will, but it would help. also take a look at the REAL inner diameter of the downpipe when you pull the 2.8... you might be surprised...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• i have an extra UIM. maybe i should polish the bumps out of it one day, just sit there with the bong and a dremel and have at er

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

• Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
            bong and a dremel and have at er
            questionable substances and power tools are NOT a good combination...
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• depends on your usage of the substance. its not crack. its a medicine to some. for me... it helps my patience, and i tend to get a little shaky when i dont smoke. so, to me it depends on how you use what you do. i dont condone school kids getting baked and stuff. im an adult though and as such im able to make my own decisions. right?? besides. how many of you smoke cigarettes and drink? i drink once or twice a month (and get DRUNK off four drinks -2oz whiskey or rum) so i kinda feel like im saving my liver, so i might just as well punish my short term memory and alot of my other brain functions

ive read though that drinking a beer a day can actually make you smarter alot like how (and this is their comparison) how a tiger attacks the slowest weakest animal of the herd, so the rest of the herd can move faster. small amounts of liquor attack the slower weaker brain cells, and the brain can only function as fast as the slowest one.

mind you i think this study was sponsored by like molson or something. lol

Comment

• the concentration issues are what would lead me to not bake and grind...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• so what youre saying is you would prefer to roll than bong it?

i also forgot to mention, i dont smoke cigarettes. i have a tough time spelling the word! hahaha when i surprised my dad at work with my daughter he was outside smoking and made me hold it so he could hold her. and holy crap did that feel outa place. i couldnt hold it like a joint infront of all his co workers!! haha o shit. im going to shut up now before this gets WAAAY off topic. were gonna have a bunch more cutlasses with L67s stuffed into the trunk.

Comment

• Did it ever occur to you that there might be some of us who don't smoke or drink? As crazy as it might sound, some of us have fun doing things like wrenching on our cars without being high.

Thats just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Grand Prix View Post
                      wrenching on our cars without being high.
                      BLASPHEMY!
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                        BLASPHEMY!
                        Ok, maybe being high on exhaust fumes...... and spray paint!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter how we work on our cars, what matters is that we do.
                        sigpic

Comment

• exhaust fumes don't make you high, they'll suffocate your ass. BAD expeience with the el camino in that situation. having ignition issues, raw gas coming out the exhaust, and eventually figured out i mixed up cylinder 7 with another plug wire, was swapping the wire with it running, shocked the living shit out of me, and somehow the wires got switched but i don't remember doing it.....

last time i do that in an enclosed area...

for the record: i find very few things more enjoyable than working on vehicles...
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• I totally agree with you on that one. I love working on vehicles.
                            sigpic

Comment

• small injectors: yes they will work, but i wouldn't be going nuts with the throttle or else you'll have serious lean issues near your torque peak...

tuning won't help injector size.

i'm not sure what all is required to run the newer injectors... might be just the plugs, which those are cheap in the yard, just grab the 6 and pay maybe 10 bucks...
                              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• Would running the 2.8 injectors have a negative effect on highway driving?
                                As soon as I get the swap completed, it's going to be my daily driver.

I'm not a speed demon, I just want to run on the interstate at 60 mph. Will there be major problems?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X