Camshaft in 3.4 w/ no sensor lobe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camshaft in 3.4 w/ no sensor lobe?

I currently have a cam installed in my 1994 3.4 camaro engine that does not have a cam sensor lobe. Who has experience with this? Currently I am not able to get my vehicle to run and I want to rule out the cam as being a problem. http://www.schneidercams.com/cams/34.htm 02370 is the p/n of the cam I have installed. I am using stocking timing equipment with this cam so it is not degreed at all. Would using this cam with out a cam sensor lobe cause my engine to not run? I bought the engine in running shape (have video) but I have never tried to start the enging with a stock cam or this cam until the other day. Does anything special need to be done to get this cam to work? I am aware that the ECM will revert back to MPFI, but I am wondering about any other issues that may be caused by the cam. Thanks for any help.

It should start. Do you have the crank sensor installed and does it work? Have you checked for fuel or spark?
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
      It should start. Do you have the crank sensor installed and does it work? Have you checked for fuel or spark?
      I assume the crank sensor works, it is installed and it is getting power. I am getting fuel and spark. As posted in my other thread it fires and then sputters out. Even if I press the gas it does not help at all.

Comment

Well then start back at square 1. Check Fuel pressure, Plugs, and Wires (make sure they are in the right order)
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
        X