4t60e swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4t60e swap

I have a 95 olds cutlass, 3.1 v-6, and a bad 4t60e tranny. I also have a 4t60e out of a 2003 Grand Prix. Can I swap them?

being 2001 was the last year the 4t60e was built, no it wont. that grand prix will have a 4t65e, not swappable into your car without massive changes

Comment

What years can I swap in, or is there a source of swapping knowledge I can tap? Thanks.

Comment

basicly any 95-2001 4t60e, but be aware that the 4t65e came out in 97, and as the years went by, less vehciles used the 4t60e.

basicly, if its 95+ and it has a vacume modulator on it, your good. the only issue you may have is gear ratio. you need to make sure the tranny you put in has the correct gear ratio (same as whats in the car) or you end up throwing gear ratio error codes.

Comment

i have a complete rebuilt 4t60e that i am gonna try to find time to take out of my car and sell for a 5 speed swap. has mayb thousand miles on it if that. intersted?

Comment

pponti94 what are you going to drive while you are doing this swap?? I thought you were going to school in September?!

Comment

Working...
            X