2.4 to 3.1 or 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 to 3.1 or 3.4

I haven't been on here in quite awhile, since I no longer own a 60 degree v6 car. However I do now have a car it was available in. I recently purchased a '96 Grand Am GT with a 2.4. I also started a new job at a salvage yard, so I have easy access to parts cheap. Assuming a 3.1 or 3.4 car comes through my work, how hard of a swap am I looking at? Is it even worth it?

You basically need the entire engine bay side wiring harness, engine (obviously), tranny, driveshafts, motor mounts. Its a pretty strait foreward swap its all bolt/plug in. Its just a lot of work, so its up to you. How bad do you want a v6.

Also most grand ams came with the 3400, not even sure if they ever had the 3100 to be honest.

personally i like the quad 4, the twin cam not so much but its almost the same, just a lot less power :P
    Mr_Efficiency

90 Grand prix - Lawn ornament
    Black, 3.1, 5 speed
    Future holds: Striped and then scrap yard

97 Cavalier - Stock car
    Red/Black, 2.2 OHV, 5 speed, fully tubed bumper to bumper, 6 point cage with halo, fuel cell, race seat, 5 pt harness.... a race car
    Future holds: Just more trophies

New project on the way: 88 S10 reg cab, short box, 5 speed.
    Future holds: Built 2.8 hybrid, Stealthy flat black, a drop until i have no more ugly wheel gap

Comment

94-99 GAs got the 3100.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
      X