97 Grand Am 3100 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Grand Am 3100 swap

Hey all,Im new to this site. I was wondering if a 3100 swap would be possible in a 97 Grand Am with a 2.4 twin cam. I have a donor car, 2000 chevy lumina, 3100. I hit a deer and it jacked the front end all up, but it still starts up and runs fine. Transmission was going bad so im just tearin it apart,and hopefully i can use the 3100 in my grand am. I believe my grand am has a 4t60e transmission, but im not 100% sure. If it does then i can use it, if it doesnt then i wont even bother. i have looked on www.gaownersclub.com, but the responses i got were from smart asses, or from people that appeared to be making uneducated guesses. But to me it looks like the one in my lumina, but my lumina had a 4t65e i believe, and a 4t60e will bolt up to a 3100 if im not mistaken. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I believe the 2000+ Luminas received the 4T65Es for the tranny, I could be mistaken about that. I'm not sure what auto tranny is mated to the 4 cyl in the Grand Am. However, considering the Grand AM came with a 3100 through its lifespan, I don't see why the swap would be difficult at all.

I imagine all that would be needed is a wiring harness and pcm from a Grand Am (not sure about other models working with the AM) and possibly some other parts (engine mounts maybe). Not sure if the 4T65e would work if it has one.

I've never done a swap before (nor have I researched for a Grand Am), so I can't say for sure, but I'm sure people here can clarify.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

your grand am tranny won't work on the 3100 the bellhousing bolt pattern is different, the quad four have there own pattern. If your GA was the cam in block four banger the tranny would work since they share the 60* pattern.
      68 El camino 454 speed muncie 3.90 posi 12 bolt,
      80 Monza Spyder nasty buick 231/3.8l v6 200-4R 3.73 posi.
      60 Impala 2 door hardtop L79-327 T56 4.11 posi.
      83 wagoneer torque pig AMC 360 hydradrive (gm turbo 400 with stock sb chrysler bellhousing boltpattern) dana 20 transfer case dana 60 front GM 14 bolt rear. 401 in the wokrs
      91 Z34 now has a hm284. and belly pan in the works

Comment

Working...
      X