Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

obd-II trouble code P0300 multipul cyl misfire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obd-II trouble code P0300 multipul cyl misfire ?

I just got done doing head gskts intake & one new lifter new rockers balls & push rods on a freinds 1996 olds cutlas ciera 3100 vin code m & i am haveing a heavy miss it idles real rough & keeps giveing me code p0300
    i checked all the coils & they check out good i have hot blue spark on all 3?
    could this be a ign cont module going bad? or maybe bad injectors?
    I am kind of stumpped here i did not finde out that the car was running like this before i worked on it untill after i did all this work on it & i was told that it was running realy bad & missing when his son called him & told him that it started running real bad & had no power & the check engine lite was flashing this was right after I had talked to him he had found out the oil was 2 qts over full Come to find out that ther was coolant in the oil pan
    so he changed the oil & put in a can of JB to try & get by for a couple of days until i cuold get to it & do the gaskets needless to say they did not happen to tell me that it was running like this when he limped it home.
    so i only new it was in need of head set instaled because craig told me that the stop leak did not work and it needed head gskts
    but what i found was the oil was clean with no antifreez in the pan
    so i finished the repair job and when i started it up it was missing and running real rough i pulled the covers and double checked the valve train to make sure i had all the intake & exaust push rods in the rite order every thing was ok after further testing and ckecking i found out we had the wrong intake gskts on it we had gotten the set for roller rockers so i got the right set and tore it down again replaced one lifter that was ticking inspected the heads and valves real close and they are in great shape it only has 75,000 mls on it still has all the cross hatch in the cyls so when i was ready to install the intake for the 2nd round i went in the house to eat a couple of burgers that craig went and picked up that is when i found out the about how it was acting when kevin thout the head gskts had let loose and started to run like crap

I would sure be greatfull if some one could give me any help in steering me in the right direction on this code P0300 random multi cyl missfire code problem i almost think it could be the ign control module i had a simualer prob on my 92 cutlas sup 3100 i thought i had a bad coil pack so i picked it up & tested it side by side with my original off of my motor & mine was fine so i took it back to the store & picked up a module put it in & my miss went away

any suggestions as to what might be causing this random muti cyl miss fire?
    my fuel press is fine & when i shut down the car & let it shut it old the pressure holds just fine

i have a obdII code reader but i can only read and clear codes withit i would like to buy a obdII scanner reader so i can go through the diog tests and such what is a good one to get at a reasonable price?

I found the problem with the random multy cyl lean misfire it was two things the ign control mod. was bad also it had one inj on #4 cyl that was dirty .
    It was still pulling up 2 P0300 codes one set and one pending the pending one was on theodd cyl bank where all three were fireing & the set code was on the even cyl bank where when driveing the car it determand that it was cyl # 4 and set a new code of P0304 witch ment cyl # 4
    while driveing the car i was accelerating hard to see if it still had a miss under load & it did not so i determaned it had to be a dirty inj & the more i steped it down it started to idle better so i put in inj cleaner & drove it for a while and the misfire went away i was real happy to see that happen
    Last edited by Ghostryder; 02-13-2009, 01:26 AM. Reason: found the problem
Working...
X