F-Body 3.4L Harness or compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted F-Body 3.4L Harness or compatible

Update: Looking for a W-Body harness for a 1227727 ECU or an F-Body harness (I can repin it to the 7727 connector).

I've learned so much from my swap, now I'm wanting to re-wire my swap harness from the beginning and integrate all my changes so it looks pretty (and I can reclaim my glove box from the ECU).

My engine is a '94 3.4L SFI from a Pontiac Firebird. I'd like an engine harness for one of those, or a compatible harness. Including OBD-I/ALDL port if possible (fine if I have to solder it in myself).

I paid big bucks for a custom harness, but I think I can make a better fitting harness myself now.
    Last edited by Canyonero; 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

If I get my jeep running I have the factory harness that I was using. Some wires have been eliminated for the automatic. I already have a functioning VATS bypass wired in already and I have an ALDL port that has about 6" of wire coming off of it. I would sell it for a good price if you are interested.

Comment

Possibly. I'd really like a fresh unmodified pull that I can have my way with, but yours might work ok too.

Unrelated: Did you ever figure out where to wire your VSS?

Comment

If I were in your shoes I'd decide on teh ECM that you will be using before buying the harness.

In the other discussion thread on this site concerning your swap, starting with a 3.4 SFI harness would create more work than needed. If you decide on a 7727, you would likely be better to start with a harness from a 3.1 W-body in that case.

Comment

You are quite right. Any particular models and years I should be looking for?

Comment

I have a 7727 ECU on the way, and 7727 connector tails. So I can take either an F-Body or W-Body harness. The W-body will be less work if it already has the correct connectors, but I'm prepared either way.

Comment

Working...
            X