New Guy -- Pics inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy -- Pics inside

New guy here... Here's my '87 6000 SE wagon that I've been working on forever it seems. Almost gave up way too many times due to some problems, but after bouncing from mechanic to mechanic and then sitting in storage since '08, it seems I am finally getting some progress done after finding a good place that is helping me to get it running correctly. She has a '91 Turbo Grand Prix motor which is freshly rebuilt (well, back in '0 and a rebuilt transmission (2800 stall speed B&M converter/shift kit) as well. New exhaust, rear disc brake conversion I've only put maybe 50 to 60 miles on it since, and has a T3 turbo off of a SAAB. Interior is in great shape, the paint is starting to show it's years, particularly on the roof and the hood. Pulled 191hp at the wheels when doing a baseline on the dyno, so that's without tuning - hopefully it will be better once tuned. Old girl needs new struts, tires, and a good paint job, but aside from that, she's in great shape. My parents purchased this car brand new back in '87, I remember learning to drive in it. Sorry about the fuzzy engine compartment photo, it was taken on my phone the day they finished the new piping and intercooler installation. Trying to figure out why the speedometer quit working during the engine swap. Tried 2 new gauge clusters, new speed sensor (pricey little sucker) and then found out the speedometer isn't getting a signal from the ECM. Darn gremlins!
    Would really love to hear your comments. Looking for some encouragement to keep me going with this project.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Turbo6000se; 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM.

Originally posted by Turbo6000se View Post
    My parents purchased this car brand new back in '87, I remember learning to drive in it.
    I remember building them in Oshawa. Keep an eye open for water leaks.

Ken

Comment

Looks good, keep it up. Trust me, I know it takes time to get these things done. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/334157...dsmobile-omega and http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333013...-dodge-charger

Comment

I remember those Omegas.. That's gonna be a cool project especially if you can get that AWD from the 6000 on it.

Comment

Good looking wagon, keep it up
          14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Working...
          X