Newb Here, Starting Engine Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Here, Starting Engine Build

Yup, Finally getting back into W-bodies after toying around with thirdgen F-bodies for a year.... If you wanna know, I only mess with 88-89 GP Coupes... None other ammuses me...

Just got a old engine of mine back, LB6 that the injectors failed on... I started tearing it apart the other day.... Looks like the machine shop has a lot of cleaning and block work to do... In the meantime the intake tract and heads are in of desperate porting... And no, I will not be going with a 3x00 engine... I'll stick with my LB6....

Not sure on my route yet. Don't know whether I will be going boost, or all motor on the bottle.... Boost will prolly be the more likely.. Just got to do some more research and see what I really want to do before I start tearing into the port work.....

Engine will be going into a 89 GP w/ 282 trans.... I've looked into going to a 284, but since either will have to be built, I will just stick with the 282 unit...

You really should do a gen 3 swap, or a gen 4. But if you want to build a 2.8 then by all means do it up. Gonna need boost or nitrous to really do anything worth a shit though. Im talking 16s max NA using gen 2 manifolds. Custom manifolds would be a good idea though for a gen 2, boosted or not.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
    X