make a 6-60 Sound like a sbc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a 6-60 Sound like a sbc?

Hey I got somthin for yall, Ever heard a rank cam&exhast 60degree 6 sound like a small block chevy with rank cam and exhast??
    VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
    VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
    2.8L Chevette Roadcar
    3.2L Acadian Racecar

what the hell is rank cam and exhaust?

Comment

rotflol, rank cam? No I've never heard of one!
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

World’s top manufacturer of performance camshafts, lifters, valve springs, rocker arms and related valve train parts for all race and street performance engines

that should do the trick...
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

But how is it supposed to make a 6 banger sound like an 8? Especially a SBC. I'd need vids and sound though to make that presumption. Nah, I've had too many SBCs. The thing that would be missing is 2 cylinders.

Nice cam though, if you are into pushrods.
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

rank cam = hot cam?

I suppose with choppy idle and the right exhaust setup it could sound like a cammed v8 to those who have only heard a few hot v8's in the day. I know cammed v6's do sound close to a v8 or at least sound really cool at idle!
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

I know its not a v8, but the 3800 guys got some real mean sounding motors running comp cams and intense racing cams. With the right exhaust and cam you can atleast get close with a 60v6.
              98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
              LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
              4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

Comment

I've got headers, "Car Chemistry" collector inserts and a glass pack with an ARI stage 2 cam and think that it sounds better than a SBC. SBCs have that cool rumble that strikes me as a tad lazy. Fine for cruising, but not very athletic. Whereas my setup has a nice rumble with enough of an edge when you put your foot into it that it sounds like a much more exotic piece of machinery.
                My car and stuff:

http://www.smm.com/gallery/view_albu...Name=number-24

Comment

Originally posted by Kreb
                  I've got headers, "Car Chemistry" collector inserts and a glass pack with an ARI stage 2 cam and think that it sounds better than a SBC. SBCs have that cool rumble that strikes me as a tad lazy. Fine for cruising, but not very athletic. Whereas my setup has a nice rumble with enough of an edge when you put your foot into it that it sounds like a much more exotic piece of machinery.

You have obviously never owned, or run, a Small Block Chevy. I like the lazy part. How can you possibly compare an SBC to a 6 banger?

I love my DOHC, but, no way, no how, does it ever compare.
                  If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've always thought my 3400 sounded like a V8 at idle...at least like an outboard. My old GEN2 3.2 after I cammed it was similar.

This is with Hooker Aero Chambers and a full 2.5 inch exhaust, with catalyst and no resonator.

Last edited by gpse3400; 06-22-2006, 10:17 PM.
                    Lorenzo
                    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

hows my car sound

flowmaster and a lil 660 lol
                      http://www.filegone.com/xpyh
                      i have a cam but i call it a "buff" cam lol
                      sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Sounds good, like a 6 cylinder should.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is about the closest I ever came to sounding like an SBC...

Beretta Video

3100, crower regrind and and just a cat (muffler had rusted off).
                          -Brad-
                          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                          sigpic
                          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Get a 6 to sound like this.

Not too lazy. No matter what you do, 6 will never sound like 8.

Not saying they don't sound good.
                            sigpic

Comment

thats why u get the best of both worlds, i got me a v8 and v6
                              sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Working...
                              X