No announcement yet.

make a 6-60 Sound like a sbc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the closest I've come to getting a 60*(3.1 MPFI) to sound like a V8. It sounds more like a SBF than a SBC in person though. I've had dozens of people tell me that it sounds "like a Mustang." It only sounds like this at light throttle and normal acceleration of course.

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

The video is small(~600kb in size, only about 9secs long).

Anyways, my custom catback consists of a 30series three chamber flowmaster("top ten" muffler, not the delta flow model) and 2.5'' piping routed out back in the same configuration as the stock single pipe to dual outlet setup. I also have a Dynomax Bullet muffler near the rear that I added, it quietened the car down a lot and changed the tone slightly. It will be removed soon because I like the old sound better(I'll get a new clip after removal, it's nearly twice as loud w/ just the flowmaster on there). The flowmaster is placed where the catalytic converter used to be. I'm not sure if it's the muffler placement or what, but the exhaust doesn't have a progressive sound. It's real loud at low throttle and actually gets quiet at higher throttle levels.
    Matt F.

TGP 1/4 mile times
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y33/mfewtrail/
    1990 TGP Coupe VIN Database

Comment

Working...
    X