No announcement yet.

make a 6-60 Sound like a sbc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dave has the gen 2 exhaust manifolds, he's fabbing up headers though.

here's my car, sds engine management so not the standard 3.1L computer. 1.5" diameter primaries, 36" long, 2.5" piping, 22" glasspack and then a flowmaster 40 series deltaflow.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    got zap-straps?
    89 Z24
    13.886 @ 96.16 mph
    street trim - slicks

Comment

here is a link to a sound clip i recorded of my gtp this morning getting ripped to 80 mph.

filegone.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, filegone.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

i drive alot of v8's and i think this definatly compares
      let me know what you think.

Jake
      GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

Comment

heres a new one of my car with a better camera, if this doesn't sound like a v8 idk what the hell could lol

http://www.filegone.com/66ef
        sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
          heres a new one of my car with a better camera, if this doesn't sound like a v8 idk what the hell could lol
          High five, lol u got prolly the best sounding fuel injected car ive heard yet,
          VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
          VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
          2.8L Chevette Roadcar
          3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

haha thanks, its really close to finally being done, so we'll we what it can do soon
            sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

GPgtp91: yours sounds like mine, but mine only sounds like that when I go WOT. My exhaust sound is like on/off switch. It doesnt have the sound or much of it when not fully WOT at all. And if I run the stock air box, it never gets near that sound. At least from the cabin you can't hear it.

I wonder if the hooker aero chamber is louder than my ultraflow? It seems to be a straight through and has a chamber to it. So I'd think it'd be even quiter, but who knows. I guess I need a high flow cat to make the sound level more even at all times..

Syn: can't open your .mov file says cannot allocated memory because no size has been set...?? damn apple quicktime!
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Ive got flowmaster 40 series original flow mufflers, with a magnaflow high flow cat. that is a clip in the cabin, i tried getting one outside the car, but it is about 300x louder than that and it was pure distortion and unreconizable as a car, lol, but it sounds meaner outside, really lumpy idle sounds good, probably the best 3.4L exhaust ive heard.

Jake
                GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

Comment

If you guys want to hear some more aero chamber clips, here my old car on the dyno.

A vid of the car from the inside, low speed to 7000 rpm

And in case you missed it heres the car idling

This is a 3400 with a high lift long duration cam, and high compression. 2.5 inch Exhaust from head pipe to tail pipe, catalyst and 2 Aero chamber mufflers. I've been runiing this setup for about 3 years.

There seems to be confusion. 2 vids I have side by side, 3.4 TDC and V8....Hard to mistake one from the other.....Some of you may rember this video from along wihle back when that company used to do Cadillac V8 converisons for the W-car.

I don't think the pushrod engines really need a resonator, esspcially if they have been worked up.They usually just bellow out alot of Mid bass notes. Unfortunatly when you back off the gas on any one of these engines even the TDC you get that high pitched spit sound.
                  Last edited by gpse3400; 06-25-2006, 10:34 PM.
                  Lorenzo
                  '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                  '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
                    dave no more 80 series?????

Andy did u hear my sound clip finally???
                    I sure did. Nice, but a little to choppy for me. I like a slower roll. Maybe if you dropped the idle 100 RPM? Maybe it'd be better with 10:1 CR. Now all you have to do is get it to stop backfiring and you can finally show me what you got!
                    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

There is a verry bad example of what it sounds like, since that video i have made a new intake manafold, new headers, and new mufflers... (This video was taken in a small partition of a big garage at -20c car has open headers and no choke)
                      VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                      VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                      2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                      3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

The V6 sounds good!

And just for comparison here is a small block 427 at idle. You need good bass response to really hear it...
                        Last edited by 427v8; 06-30-2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

V6 will never sound as good as a V8. Mine sounds good, but not near the sound of 8.

There is no comparison.
                          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                          sigpic

Comment

of course lol, but the dead give away is when you accelerate thats where you can't make a v6 sound even a hair close
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup, I was just going to say, idling it can be close, maybe even crawling along, but when you open it up and go, it doesn't sound like a v8. Closer than a weed-eater sound of a 4cyl though!
                              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

haha i remember a few years ago when i first got my license, and fart cans were the shit! i am like whoa how did i like them back then. but idk i was young lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X