• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAH GUESS WHAT THIS IS!!! LOLOL

Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

I have my car sounding pretty good with the setup I am using . Keep in mind that I still have to tune the computer for the engine and the mods done to it .

My setup is using a reground cam ( I will use a Crane Cam on the next engine ) . I don't have the spec.s on the cam . But the exhaust what really helps . I am running 3" mandrel bent pipe through a magna flow 3" in / 3" out , into a 36" 3" in / 3" out resonator . From there I an using a Flowmaster series 80 with 3" in / 2.5" out .

The resonator cuts out the raspy , popping sound you usually hear when you stick a different muffler or glass pack on a V6 .

I am going to get some video of the car running once I work on the timing issue , and the trigger wheel issue . But I do have pic.s of the exhaust before it went into the car .

Here is the cat. and resonator

Here is the complete setup pictured . The rod welded to the muffler is going to go . I can't stand it but at the time it held the muffler in place while I got my measurement .

All that in this

Seriously the car sound good to be a V6 . The tone of the exhaust is low and will make everyone wonder what is under the hood .

Comment

i have a comp 260h2 with 1.6:1 rockers, shorty headers and true dual exaust. its about as close to a v8 as it can get. it has a nice lumpy idle like a hot cammed small block, but anything off idle it sounds, well, just weird.

Comment

I'd be happy if my Z24 idled like this:

But since it dosen't i'll just fire up Grimmace when i need my SBC fix
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

the thing is my car doesn't have any raspyness to it or popping thank god

and i am just running 2.5in pipe and the 80 series

also it was the same when i had just a glass pack on there
            sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

my 3.4 DOHC has flowmasater 40 series , high flow cat, and at idle it sounds just like a sbc at idle with exhaust (flowmaster 40's) , ive compared them side by side, and my 3.4L at wot sounds like a v8 for sure.

Jake
              GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

Comment

what makes a V8 sound "lazy" is that low rumble. that happes due to the exhaust timing. two cylinders have exhasut pulses that are 90 degrees apart causing that distinctive rumble. don't see how the V6 can sound the same without the two 90 degree seperation pulse. hearing is believing. give us a sound clip. i have yet to hear a V8 sounding V6.
                Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

My little vid is in the video section. Wide open exhaust. Sounds nice, but nothing like an SBC.

Ignore the background music. My choice would have been Peace Corpse.
                  If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                  sigpic

Comment

lol, ya rank cam as in big one, most of those sound files dont work, i wanna heer the best one im up against, LOL as for the exhast when there is mufflers on it, I run ones that i built myself, then the headers are 1.5inch primarys to 2.5inch collector and than the mufflers and the rest of the exhast is 2.5" and it juss exits the side.. the 3.2L is carborated it has a 600 double pumper jetted with about 74-70 in the front and 78-80 in the rear(depends on tempature outside) that may help on the sound. or it could be the jocobs electronic ignition that helps me pull the idolscrew right out so it runs shearly on beautiful spark it makes, but its prolly the dirty cam.. i have the 2nd best 'comp cams' i didnt really wanna change the springs..
                    VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
                    VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
                    2.8L Chevette Roadcar
                    3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

here is my 3400Z with the hooker aerochamber Crossflow... still have the stock 3.1 2" downpipe for now...

right click and save-as
                      Past Builds;
                      Current Project;

Comment

I am loving those aerochambers superdave. Nice deep and throaty with no sharp raspyness. Wonder what it'd sound like running 2.5-3" exhaust straight back through one of those.
                        98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
                        LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
                        4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

Comment

dave no more 80 series?????

Andy did u hear my sound clip finally???
                          sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Wow, those areochambers sound nice. Makes the 3400 sound like the 3.1. Or maybe that's because the 3400 is running in mpfi mode and not sfi?

Is there much drone with the aerochamber while crusing? And is it a straight through design? My ultraflo flows great and doesn't have any drone, but isn't loud enough for me.. Of course I still have stock pipes/cat.
                            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                              I am loving those aerochambers superdave. Nice deep and throaty with no sharp raspyness. Wonder what it'd sound like running 2.5-3" exhaust straight back through one of those.

thanks, it actually gets a little deeper sounding after it warms up a bit. i've got 2.25" pipe and a high flow cat so it feeds it pretty well but after i'm done with the exhaust (all 2.5" mandrel bent with the headers) it'll change the tone alot...

Originally posted by IsaacHayes
                              Wow, those areochambers sound nice. Makes the 3400 sound like the 3.1. Or maybe that's because the 3400 is running in mpfi mode and not sfi?

Is there much drone with the aerochamber while crusing? And is it a straight through design? My ultraflo flows great and doesn't have any drone, but isn't loud enough for me.. Of course I still have stock pipes/cat.

it sounds like the 3.1 cause i've got the gen2 manifolds on it... haha

there is almost no drone at all, pics of the muffler can be found here: http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=82674

you can kinda see how it's mounted here...

don't mind the 2x4's.. just trying to get my tips to sit level
                              Last edited by Superdave; 06-24-2006, 04:26 PM.
                              Past Builds;
                              Current Project;

Comment

gen2 manifolds as in intake? Or exhaust? Exhaust manifolds are pretty much the same as my 3100 I thought.. If intake, I would assume you have gen2 heads as well then... My 3100 exhaust manifolds are logs. They really suck.
                                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                                Original L82 Longblock
                                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
                                X