Milzy Grind #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milzy Grind #'s

I'm waiting to hear back from Milzy, but can anybody confirm if grind #X2221-1502-10 is the stage 2 cam?

I had ordered a stage 1 which had manufacturing defects a couple months ago. I returned it for replacement. I'm been having issues with the car running right & after not touching it for a month, I finally got around to messing with the tuning again today.

Well, I got to thinking about something and went & looked back at the pictures I'd taken of the cam. The original cam I received was grind #x2062-2111-10, which I've confirmed is the stage 1 grind. I looked at the picture I had from after I installed the cam, and the cam I installed was grind #X2221-1502-10! I am willing to bet that is the Stage 2 grind #! My heads weren't clearanced for the stage 2 lift, so that could explain a lot with the problems I'm having. Can anybody confirm the stage 2 grind #?
    V6Z24.com

moon i am curious what kind of problems are you still havening, i am having problems big time as well with my car not running right.

what all needs to be done to the heads for the stage 2 lift?

cause that might be my problem
    sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Syn, you shouldn't have to clearance your heads for the 272. The lift isn't much more than the milzy stage 1...
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave
        Syn, you shouldn't have to clearance your heads for the 272. The lift isn't much more than the milzy stage 1...
        good thanks another load off my back
        sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

In case anybody is interested... It has just been confirmed by Milzy. That grind # is the Stage 2
          V6Z24.com

Comment

Originally posted by moonwell
            In case anybody is interested... It has just been confirmed by Milzy. That grind # is the Stage 2

that sucks man... time to whip out the angle grinder and take a little off the valveguides
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Well, now Milzy says there should be no clearance issues with the LS6 springs & the shims he provided...
              V6Z24.com

Comment

Um...what! So he states that you must do clearance work for stage 2 but now he tells you that you don't. There is a lie in there somewhere.

What are the lifts again. I swear im putting his info on the main site once we get the new software done. I can't go to his site for this information which is ridiculous.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

These are the specs someone else on here posted...

Stage 1 NA
                  .305/.308 lobe lift (.488/.493 valvelift)
                  209.4/213.1 duration
                  110 LSA, 108.1 IC

Stage 2 NA
                  .347/.349 lobe lift (.556/.559 valvelift)
                  222.1/225.7 duration
                  110 LSA, 106 IC
                  V6Z24.com

Comment

Originally posted by sappyse107
                    Um...what! So he states that you must do clearance work for stage 2 but now he tells you that you don't. There is a lie in there somewhere.

What are the lifts again. I swear im putting his info on the main site once we get the new software done. I can't go to his site for this information which is ridiculous.
                    get em Ben
                    because I\'m not Canadian

Comment

wonder what kind of shims Milzy uses to add clearance for lift?! i thought the heads were only good for about .530 w/o mods.
                      Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                      fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

ben how much for a set of heads to clear his stage 2 cam

Comment

Depends on what else you want done. Its only 60 bucks to clearance the heads for higher lifts. The springs are really what matter for clearancing though on his stage 2 cam.

btw, I don't sell just that machine work as thats my cost and I just add it on to the options at no mark up.

Other side note, Milzy stated that moonwells heads would be fine because they had a tag that said 1.750" and he assumed that they were already machined to increase the install height. Im not sure if they were or not as I got no reply from moonwell other than he didnt pay to have that work done at his machine shop.

Check the 60V6 store for performance head pricing.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107
                            Other side note, Milzy stated that moonwells heads would be fine because they had a tag that said 1.750" and he assumed that they were already machined to increase the install height. Im not sure if they were or not as I got no reply from moonwell other than he didnt pay to have that work done at his machine shop.
                            I don't make it over here that often. No extra clearancing was done to the heads, so I don't know why the install height is different.

I double checked for coil bind tonight. At least .88mm (my biggest feeler gauge) between the top 3 coils.

Exhaust valve @ max lift pictured
                            V6Z24.com

Comment

Originally posted by moonwell
                              Exhaust valve @ max lift pictured
                              A picture is worth a thousand words. In particular, 'What clearance issue?"
                              Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Working...
                              X