Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHP Turner Question

I have a 01 Grand Am GT V6.
    I really need help on how to use and purchase a DHP power tuner.
    Questions like.......
    Is it a program that I run off of my labtop.
    If so where do I buy it, plus the where do I buy the adapter to hook it up.
    Or is it a superchip like setup where I just plug and play.
    And how the hell do I hook it up to my car.
    But first of all what really is it.

Please help me with this info so I can tune my Damn car right. I have supercharger with the milzy stage 1 cam and Ect. I need to tune this thing.

PLease Help.... Thanks again.

yes, you run it off your laptop.... you can get it through donkey punch performance and various other places aswell as through DHP themselves i believe

it comes with what you need to hook it up

its not like a superchips setup at all, its more like an engine management system

oh and if you dont know what it is or does... i dont recomend getting it, reasearch some first

Comment

Thank you for your response. I will look into how to use this thing. thanks

Comment

Re: DHP Turner Question

Originally posted by john_V63400
        I have a 01 Grand Am GT V6.
        I really need help on how to use and purchase a DHP power tuner.
        Questions like.......
        Is it a program that I run off of my labtop.
        If so where do I buy it, plus the where do I buy the adapter to hook it up.
        Or is it a superchip like setup where I just plug and play.
        And how the hell do I hook it up to my car.
        But first of all what really is it.

Please help me with this info so I can tune my Damn car right. I have supercharger with the milzy stage 1 cam and Ect. I need to tune this thing.

PLease Help.... Thanks again.
        the Powertunr is only available through a vendor such as DPP, Wbody Store, ZZP, etc...

you will need a laptop

if you have a newer laptop that does not have a serial port you will need to buy a Keyspan USB to Serial adaptor. all other hardware is included with the powertunr

you hook it up to your car via the diagnostics port located under your dash via the powertunr interface

its basically a device and program that allows you to reconfigure your PCM's values for higher shift points, more fuel, adjustable timing, etc....

my question thought, is that stage 1 cam really a good choice for a boosted application

Comment

It is if it's a stage 1 boost cam.

The powertuner isn't really like superchips or anything like that. It doesn't add anything to the pcm. It basically lets you modify your program and load it into the stock pcm. You modify it on your laptop with the software they provide and load it on the pcm thru the diagnostics port with the interface they also provide.

It's a very powerful and effective system that gives you a lot of ability to program your car, but the results will depend entirely on your ability to learn how to properly tune and taking the time to do it.
          '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
          '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
          13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
          Gotta love boost!

Comment

It basically allows you to tweak your stock computer, much like you would an aftermarket computer.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
            X