Cadillac V6 crank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac V6 crank.

The Cadillac V6 has a longer stroke than the 3.4, 3.5 old, 3.5 new, 3.9 (all 84mm). I believe it is 86mm. Does anyone know if it is compatable with any of them?

If its not a 60V6, its not compatible with the 60V6. Which caddy motor are you talking about?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Do know any specs on the crank. I know there are issues with fitting the new 3.5 crank into the older block, due to the long stroke, so if anything the hardest part may be the block skirts being in the way. That's if the rest of the journals and such line up. If the journals line up but are just the wrong size welding/grinding could be done to fit the crank in......

Much like putting a 400 crank in a 350.

Comment

its gonna be either a CTS, a Catera or a Cimarron which was basically a cavalier

Comment

Originally posted by gboogie99
          its gonna be either a CTS, a Catera or a Cimarron which was basically a cavalier
          What?

Comment

60degree 3.6L V6 in the 2005-6 CTS & Buick La Crosse 255hp 4 valve engine.

Comment

3.6L V6 crank won't work in the pushrod blocks, sorry...

Feel free to browse through the pics of the 3.6L V6 in our photo gallery and then compare them to other pics scattered around for the pushrods and you'll probably see why it won't. First thing that comes to my mind would be the timing rear on the rear of the crank. And then there is the different size, shape of the nose of the crank.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

the "Cimarron" was basically a cavalier, yes, but it was discontinued in like 86/87 I believe. I've never seen one with an aluminum head motor, which was released in 87'.
                Curtis
                91\' Turbo Z24
                http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

Originally posted by TurboZ24
                  the "Cimarron" was basically a cavalier, yes, but it was discontinued in like 86/87 I believe. I've never seen one with an aluminum head motor, which was released in 87'.
                  The '87 M.O. had the genII 2.8, seen a few at the wreckers that way.

I'll have to look it up, but the Cimmy was made up to '88 anyway, could have been '89. But the body style was not changed to a 2nd gen style. Same goes for the Firenza and Skyhawk, both of those models continued until at '89 but never changed to the new unibody style, however, the noses did change in those years for the Firenza.

My question of "what?" above was in reference to the combination of listed Caddies, I couldn't find a connection between them, other than being sold under the Cadillac name plate.

*EDIT* Here's a pic of the 1989 Skyhawk owners manual:

Comment

The timing gear will come off. The nose I don't care about. The size of the mains is important, as is the spacing of all throws. The flywheel bolt pattern is of some concern. My guess is the spacing is fine, but I don't know about bearing size. Caddy rods take care of rod diameter. The main bearings is where I don't know.

Comment

3.6VVT Crank Main Bearing Diameter : 72.867-72.881 mm

3x00 Crank Main Bearing Diameter : 67.239-67.257 mm

There you go. No go.

-Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

This can get interesting. The Caddy crank can be reground 30 under to fit the new 3.5. While the 99mm 3.5 and 3.9 are not on the above post, I think they also have the larger mains.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiero11
                          This can get interesting. The Caddy crank can be reground 30 under to fit the new 3.5. While the 99mm 3.5 and 3.9 are not on the above post, I think they also have the larger mains.

The LX9 is the same as older 3x00's:
                          * Crankshaft Main Journal Diameter
                          67.239-67.257 mm
                          2.6473-2.6483 in

Block:
                          * Crankshaft Main Bearing Bore Diameter
                          72.1535-72.1695 mm
                          2.840-2.841 in

As is the specs for the mains on the new 3.5 and 3.9L LZ engines. They all use the 2.64 inch main journal diameter Same size so yeah the 3.6L VVT engine really is only .030 larger.

Brad, You were looking at BLOCK main bearing bore, Not Crank main bearing journal, Taken from my Service Info online from GM

3.6L VVT:
                          * Crankshaft Main Journal Diameter
                          67.992-68.008 mm
                          2.6768-2.6775 in

Block

* Crankshaft Main Bearing Bore Diameter
                          72.867-72.881 mm
                          2.8688-2.8693 in
                          Colin
                          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

My question of "what?" above was in reference to the combination of listed Caddies, I couldn't find a connection between them, other than being sold under the Cadillac name plate.

they all had v6 engines

Comment

Working...
                            X