question for camaro guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for camaro guys

would the intake manifold from a 95 camaro 3.4 fit a 95 3100 block?

No because the Camaro uses iron heads, and the port orientation between the iron heads and aluminum heads is different.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

cool, thanks. I wa about to buy one on eBay

Comment

doesnt matter though, from what i hear camaro/firebird 3400's are about gutless (ive heard people claim that they really have to push them to go 100 & thats about all they have in em), supposedly 3400 intake manifolds from a lot of the fwd cars will work, though (although im not sure what kind of effect on performance they would have).

Comment

they're pretty gutless(they are iron head 3.4s, not Al 3400), but i know a 2.8/3.1 in a thirdgen will do 130 mph, so i cant see a 3.4 ina 4th only doing 100.

point is its not necessarily the manifold, they just still have the shitty iron heads. which means it absolutely wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by no_doz
            doesnt matter though, from what i hear camaro/firebird 3400's are about gutless (ive heard people claim that they really have to push them to go 100 & thats about all they have in em)
            sounds like regurgitated internet bullshit to me. my 3.4L camaro has no problem getting up to its governer (113 IIRC... i dont do it much)

Originally posted by no_doz
            supposedly 3400 intake manifolds from a lot of the fwd cars will work, though (although im not sure what kind of effect on performance they would have).
            you would need the heads to go along with the manifolds, lots of gains
            3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Working...
            X