3400 Overboring Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 Overboring Questions

Im boring My 2001 Garnd Am GT 3400 20/over, I have a RSM stage 1 supercharger kit, Other Guy Headers, Borla Catback, Custom ram air in take, 62 mm throttle body, Hi flow Cat, taylor 8 mm spark plug wires. I Guess my question is, What performance gains can I expect after I install the Stage one cam From milzy motorsprots, the forged pistons and with the engine bored 20 over. Does anyone think that lighter push rods from milzymotorsports will help a lot or should I leave those out. And Im curious if my stock injectors are big enough. If anyone can help me out please ropost. So what do think will I see a big diference.

Hard to say what power gains will really be. There aren't a lot of people who have dyno'd the cam yet. From the dyno's I have seen, the results people have got with them at the track etc... I'd say adding the cam to the SC and everything you have now should get you at least 25-30whp.

The pushrods aren't necessary, but they can't hurt. Anything lighter in the valve train makes it easier for the spring to control valve motion, and with a cam you'll be running a lot steeper ramp and higher lift. I also used titanium retainers with mine to drop some weight. Stronger pushrods are safer too of course.

Your stock injectors are probably already maxed out already. I'd deffinitely recommend bigger injectors. You'll need a powrtuner from DHP or an HPtuner as well to tune for the bigger injectors, but with all those mods you really should be tuning the pcm anyway.
    '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
    '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
    13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
    Gotta love boost!

Comment

what c/r are you gonna go with? forged pistons alone wont raise power unless you change the c/r (raise it with higher octane or lower it with a smaller pulley meaning more boost)

i would suggest beefing up the valve train, new springs would be a good start since you already get float on the stock valves with a stock engine

the stage one s/c kit from rsm already has the injectors pretty much maxed out so they will need to be replaced

rsm tunes the pcm and removes the MAF IIRC, i would suggest you get a power tuner and work the MAF back in and then start tuning

oh, and remember, a good tune wont always be the one that makes the most hp

Comment

Thanx for the input, where again can I find bigger injectors for my car, 2001 grand am gt v6. Has anyone istalled a cam on thier grand am, if so does it make the engine sound much diferent than the stock cam. And will I gain horasepower from the bigger injectors. And how much. thanx

Comment

Working...
        X