91 Z24 Upgrades, suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Z24 Upgrades, suggestions please

I have a 91 Z24 and I have put a hypertech chip and K & N filter on it. I want to know any and all bolt ons I can do without major mods. For example: Intake manifold upgrades, air intakes, head work, exhaust, so on. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

then your done
    sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

biggest thing that you could probably do is a 3400 top-end swap. the 3.1 intake manifolds dont really flow as nice as the 3400 stuff. get the heads, manifolds and timing cover and a few other things and u will notice big difference in power. there are a few people that have done it on their 3.1 blocks and run 13.9s! check out domesticcrew.com for the complete right-up on the swap. i plan on doing it soon but will be using a 3500 upper intake instead.

Comment

Unfortunately the hypertech chip doesn't give you any power gains.

Gen 3 top end swap as mentioned, higher compression pistons, make your own headers, cat back exhaust, etc. How about a budget? There are a ton of things you can do but it depends on your skill level and budget.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

but he said he didn't wanna do major modifcations
          sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Not much of a budget, been thinking about a top end swap for a while. Ive been a mechanic for 7 years. the only thing i cant do is weld

Comment

Im sure you can handle the top end swap then. Thats going to be the best way to go about getting power from a 3.1 and doesn't require any welding.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'd just drop in a 3400 if you can find one cheep enough. I know some of you guys were saying you can pick it up for around $500.
                1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou
                  I'd just drop in a 3400 if you can find one cheep enough. I know some of you guys were saying you can pick it up for around $500.
                  i've heard some stories of $200 but i'd like to see it first to believe lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Throw on a turbo. With all the upcoming changes you'll need to change the chip anyway.
                    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

ya look into the 3400 idea, that seems to be the best bet
                      I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

makes me wish i could of found a 3400 before i did the hybrid
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X