Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

supercharging a 3100, can anyone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharging a 3100, can anyone help me?

haha im just brainstorming here, but does anyone know if there would be a way for me to pick up an eaton m90 supercharger, remove the 3100's intake & mount the supercharger to it (which i know would take a lot of fabrication, but i have the shop & the means by which to do it), get a tb & etc that would mount to the charger (because i assume the stock parts would become about worthless to my purposes), then get the intake setup possibly like i mentioned earlier & hook it up, & get whatever electronics necessary? i know that i could do it, but what im not sure about is what all would i need to make the computer utilize the charger properly (im not talking about running maximum boost through it, but enough where i see a pretty decent increase in power)?

Jon

Yes.
    '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
    '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
    '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
    '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
    Originally posted by Aaron
    This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

lol yes what?

Comment

Search
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

wow, you really like posting dont you? sorry, but i look on the main performance section and see maybe 6-7 threads from yu all started in the same time period

please start using the search function

also- you say you dont want to spend money on a turbo but in the end with the fabrication (shops charge alot for custom work because of the labor) and the parts you already want your going to run well over the price of a turbo.... i dont get people

Comment

you tell me to search but shouldnt i tell you to read? i said if i did put a supercharger on the 3100 that i would do all of the fabrication -myself-, i just need to know what im going to need to obtain computer-wise. oh and i havent found a thread explaining what i need to run an m90 on a 3100, but ill keep looking...

ive found a couple of 3400's with them, so i am talking to those members, but so far none with a 3100.

Comment

thanx man, im still goin through em all & pm'ing people.

Comment

If you don't have $2k to play with and/or some connections for good pricing on some labor and parts, then you can not supercharge / turbocharge your 3100 very easily or efficiently.
                1988 Fiero GT 5spd
                1999 Regal GS
                SOLD 2000 C5 Coupe M6
                RIP 1994 Beretta Z26 - M90, 3400, MSV3, 5spd

Comment

Working...
                X