Suggested injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested injectors?

What injectors (brand, part numbers, places to purchase, whatever) would you guys suggest to run with the setup I'm aiming for (will have it, will just need assembly)

T3/T4
    Walbro (High Volume) Fuel Pump

I only intend on initially running maybe 7 psi, maybe 6. 7 Probably tops
    This is on a 3.1 Multi Port

what kinda power are you thinking yout aiming for??? if you use desktop dyno and get a rought estimate, you can use this calculator to figure out what injectors you need.\

Comment

Hmm, i'll have to see what my pressure is now VS when i put on my walbro pump. i have the pump here, just need to stick it on.

Unless anyone knows the stock 3.1 fuel pres. figures? I think i'm going to drop in the walbro tomorrow, but the engine is out, so i can't really tell the stock figure for it.

Thanks for the link though man.

My goal would be to break 250 after this summer.
      It's not an insane goal, but i think for a few months time it's do-able. Especially with a turbo system, high vol. fuel pump, good injectors, possibly a cam, etc.

we'll see what happens though.
      But i think 250 is realistic for this summer.
      I dunno, i might be taking on another car, which means small payments/insurance.
      I can handle those no problem, but fuck man, for the cost of rent/insurance for one month i could get my CompCams cam and lifter kit

Comment

stock fuel pressure on gm engines is 43.5psi. on a ford engine, its 39psi. keep that in mind, when people put 19lb mustang injectors in, being they are rated 19lb/hr at 39psi, they are actualy around 21lb/hr @43.5psi.

now there is a range on what your fuel pressure should be, i think its supposed to be between 40-45psi. and changing your fuel pump wont actualy increase the pressure at the fuel rail, the pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator

Comment

Ah ok, i completely disregarded the FPR.

Is there an adjustable one available for the 3.1?
          Of course I doubt the engine size would really matter for that case.
          Maybe I should ask, which is the best one to use for a 3.1?

So are you recommending the Ford ones?
          I'm hoping not, I want nothing ford on my car
          But if those are the best ones to go with then i will go with them if need be

Comment

Hey sharkey.. are those fuel pressure figures max pump abiltiy?
            Jordan

Comment

So i'm lookin for an adjustable FPR, could we use the ones offered for the 97-03's?

Comment

www.summitracing.com sells universal fpr, you will want a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, it will raise your fuel pressure 1psi per pound of boost for most of them. this will help eliminate the need for expensive stand alone electronic fuel management systems. it is sometimes called a boost refrence fpr. also i would get a wideband air fuel meter to hook up to your car, so you can fine tune your fuel pressure. on a boosted engine you want 12.5-13:1 ratio to make best power and keep detonation to a minimum.
                If it's worth doing, it's worth doing the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkey
                  stock fuel pressure on gm engines is 43.5psi. on a ford engine, its 39psi. keep that in mind, when people put 19lb mustang injectors in, being they are rated 19lb/hr at 39psi, they are actualy around 21lb/hr @43.5psi.

now there is a range on what your fuel pressure should be, i think its supposed to be between 40-45psi. and changing your fuel pump wont actualy increase the pressure at the fuel rail, the pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator

That depends on what year and what engine really. They aren't all the same. The base pressure on my grand am was 48psi. Pressure at WOT was 55-56psi. My stock injectors (delphi's) are rated 2.84g/sec @ 380Kpa which works out to 22.54lb/hr @ 55.11psi. At the normal flow rating for lb/hr rated injectors of 43psi they would only be 19.91 lb/hr, but for the sake of simplicity everyone reffers to them as 22.5 lb/hr injectors.

Basically you need to determine your HP goals first. Make an estimate of what fuel pressure you plan on running and pick an injectors that will support that HP at that fuel pressure. You just have to remember to calculate the injectors new flow rating over the advertised flow rating to account for the new pressure. RC engineering has some good formulas for figuring that out here. http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm
                  '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                  '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                  13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                  Gotta love boost!

Comment

if you actually get 250 HP then I'm pretty sure that the 22.5 lbs/hr will be just fine. I know a guy who has 21 lbs/hr and running a turbo with 260 Hp at the wheels. He's really pushing the fuel system a hair short though.
                    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

-Tony | gtsdurango.net
                      '04 Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4x4 - the gas guzzling DD.
                      '90 Turbo Grand Prix STE - ehh.. I'm working on it.
                      '92 Gutless Supreme SL - RIP 5.2010
                      '90 Turbo Grand Prix - RIP 6.15.2005

Comment

Working...
                      X