Exhaust Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Design

I am progressing with my engine swap of a 95 Camaro 3.4 into a small British car.

In order to be able to fit the exhaust in beside the steering column it was either some real fancy header construction, or use some stock Fiero exhaust manifolds, which are stainless light tubing and tuck close to the heads and modify the exit flanges to point where I need them.

Having done the usual grinding to fix what GM should have done (liberating 8 BHP or so), I am at the point where I am thinking about the rest of the system. It will be a single 2 1/2" pipe through a Magnaflow muffler and Pacesetter Monza resonator tip - that part is easy, and fits the car well.

The part I am mentally kicking around is the transition fron manifolds to the exhaust pipe - the crossover which I'll have to make from scratch.

My thought was to go from the 1.5" manifold into a 1.75" crossover 2 into 1, then step up to the pipe size from there. Any thoughts? I realise this is a halfway step to proper equal length headers, but space restrictions dictate this sort of solution.

Try this link to British Car Conversions:

They specialize in putting V660s into little Brit chassis. At the bottom of the page is a set of headers.

Hope it helps.
    He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Comment

Know him - good guy. I am using a different car, which is why I can't use his sort of header.

Anyone have any ideas on crossover diameter?

Comment

Well stock on my truck is about 2 1/4" crossover and then 2 1/2" before the cat. So I would start with 2" or above off the manifold.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Ok, whoever in this thread has their email set on here as sparks@novia.net, please update it. I have been getting your emails bounced back for months. Ill delete this post once I am pmed that its been taken care of. Thanks
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X