No announcement yet.

3400 Camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was an initial buyer, hence the cheaper cost.

As far as regrinds, I've heard pricing of $100-$125 nowadays. And I have also seen offset regrinds which allow for a slight change in the LSA. And yeah, I've also seen regrinds with specs pretty close to Mike's Stage 2. So that pretty much throws all of your logic out the window.

As far as custom length pushrods, pushrod length should be checked no matter what cam you get. Are the stock pushrods ok for the new cam? Possibly. Are they ideal? Highly doubtful. Are the stock pushrods ok for a regrind? I ran a regrind for over 2 years on stock pushrods without any issues. Was it ideal? Probably not, but it worked good enough for me.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Regrinds are $80 for me. Thats SUPER cheep. Thats CDN $$ too. Even with new pushrods that still less than half of what a new cam costs.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Would you be able to get the range of specs available?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

im fine with a price of 400 flat for every cam he ships out but the fact is hes getting that $380 price or a bulk discounted price and shipping them for mor eand less depending on the stage when its a flat rate for him, i dont get that

i know a guy who sells bike parts and he sells his hard welded and reground cames for one rate, after that you get into the custom cams and he sells those for a flat rate no matter what the stage and believe it or not he gives specs on everything..... now why cant mike do this?

Comment

specs have been given for stage 1 and 2 on here already. So quit crying that they are unknown. THEY HAVE BEEN POSTED!!! Go search if you want to know. I swear everyone wants everyone else to do all the work for them and then just hand the information over. Like its someone elses responsibity to dig this up for you??

Comment

Oh yea, you are complaining that you dont' know the specs, but even if you did you still wouldnt' buy it because its just too pricey boo fucking hoo. Well if you dont' plan to pay for one, why do you even care what the specs are? Do you care to know what the specs are on the Lt4 hotcam? Probably not. And why not? Most likely because you have no desire to buy one. Same thing here

Comment

Cool, then you can give me the seat to seat specs.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hey Ben. There is a company near me that did my regrind and he told me that to be safe with a regrind the best he could do was 0.272 lift with 215 duration which runs out to 0.435 at the valve with 1.6 rockers.
                  95 Beretta Z-26
                  Don't need nitrous to go fast.
                  Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

Shaun, your just not getting it, he gets all the cams he has made FOR THE SAME DAMN PRICE! so why is he charging differently for "stages" that we know little about

heres a part of the email i got from that motorcycle performance shop owner i know-

DRP Stage 2 Camshaft Set
                    $499.00 exchange
                    - Performance upgrade with .020" more lift and
                    12° more duration.
                    - Cams must be degreed into the engine.
                    - Can be used with stock pistons and valve
                    springs.

DRP Stage 3 Camshaft Set
                    $499.00 exchange
                    - Racing cam with .040" more lift and 12° more
                    duration.
                    - Cams must be degreed into the engine.
                    - Must use racing valve springs listed below.
                    - The is the biggest cam for use with stock
                    pistons.
                    thats pretty much the info im asking for from milzy, thats all. and notice how his stage 2 and 3 cams (a set of 4 billet cams) are the same price....

hes getting them for the same price, no matter what grind, why isnt milzy doing the same? we already know hes getting them for a flat rate and hes prolly getting a discount for mass-orders...... idk, you tell me, does that seem fair to you?

i think i would rather wait until i could get one from cammotion

Comment

Lorenzo is running well over 500 lift on a regrind so I know that information can't be right. .435 lift maybe without using custom pushrods to make up for the base circle.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AaronGTR
                          I think people just like to whine when the price changes. Get over it. He's running a business and sometimes you have to do that to cover costs and still make a profit. He's not doing this for free ya' know.
                          Uh, I dont see this as doing anyone any favors. Of course he's not doing it for free, but noone asked him to do it.

$380 from cammotion, or pay $70 more...hmm....yeah, I'm sooo glad to have to spend that extra money.
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlackJack

Uh, I dont see this as doing anyone any favors. Of course he's not doing it for free, but noone asked him to do it.

$380 from cammotion, or pay $70 more...hmm....yeah, I'm sooo glad to have to spend that extra money.
                              Noone asked him to do it? I guess you are right. But damn he did all the research himself and such and actually got a company to make the cams when noone else would. So cammotion is the only company that will do them and you have to get them through milzy who spent an assload on research and money up front to cammotion to get these made and you are complaining like a queen? GTFO homo.

At least we have an option other then a regrind. if you dont' like it then get a cam regrind and STFU!!! Noone asked you for your ghey ass opinion on if he is charging too much or not. Fact is there is no other game in town. SO if you you want to play, you have to pay. Call up any other company and they will laugh in your face about making cams. Cammotion/Milzy is it for the gen 3 motors. THATS FACT!

You guys need to quit bitching. Go with a regrind and wonder what could have been. Or grab your balls, man up, and pay the money and realize what is. Too many whiny ass queers on here.

I am in no way affiliated with cammotion or Milzy. I am just sick and tired of the whiny ass faggots on here who think they can get something better somewhere else when said object isn't made anywhere else.

Comment

.347/.349 lobe lift (.556/.559 valve lift), 222.1/225.7 duration, 110 LSA or a 114 LSA

can these specs be safe for a regrind

Comment

Working...
                                X