3400 Camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 Camshaft

I've own a 2003 Impala 3400. I'm interested in doing a camshaft. The cars current mods are:
    Custom CAI
    S&S Headers
    Custom 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow cat and muffler.
    HPTuners is on its way soon
    62mm throttle body
    otherwise she is stock. Looking for something with a relatively smooth idle and will bring the power on between 2000-5000 rpm.
    Any suggestion? Ideas? Manufactures?
    Any help would be apperciated.

RE: 3400 Camshaft

cammotion.com. Probably wanna call them as they have a poor record for email replies.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Your new so you can get away with it. But next time search. There was like 3 topics so far this month about cams for the 3X00

Your options are

Cammotion
      Milzy Motorsports (who buys from cammotion)
      Regrind (any cam company can do this even your local one)
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I should probably update the cam section of the site:P The new site setup should make this sorta thing real nice though (crosses fingers).
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just some f.y.i. I checked cammotion for a custom cam for the 3100 and milzy bought all their cores. No more are to be manufacured until probably spring or summer of 2006. They tell you to contact milzy with your specs for a cam.
          95 Beretta Z-26
          Don't need nitrous to go fast.
          Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

Wonderful

1991 Cavalier VL Coupe 3400 5 speed

Comment

Maybe if enough people keep calling them asking for cams they'll make some more cores? I know milzy plans on getting more, but he has to wait until he has enough orders for them to make another batch (it was like 20 last time iirc). He'll use his own specs or use yours if you request it. I guess just keep calling cammotion or if enough people place orders with milzy he can order his second batch earlier.
              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
              Gotta love boost!

Comment

wait... mike has the cores now ( ) ? how the f*ck is he grinding them?

Comment

Its probably like he has all the cores spoken for and they are still at Cam Motion.
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Yes. All of cammotions cores are sold to milzy but are still on hand waiting for grind specs at cammotion. If you want one call milzy with the specs and cammotion will grind it to those specs for him. But he has purchased them already from cammotion so you have to buy them from him.
                    95 Beretta Z-26
                    Don't need nitrous to go fast.
                    Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

milzy just upped the prices on his cams. 399 for 1 and 450 for stage 2

WTF

Comment

I would go with a regrind for that price. People have been asking him for dyno charts and sound clips of the stage 1 for awhile now and still nothing.
                        2000 Grand Am GT
                        2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

don't blame milzy for no dynos. There are countless cars out there now with one of his cams and they haven't been dynoed. He can't controll who dynos there cars. And most likely there wasn't a before dyno ever done by the people who installed a cam so no way to know what it trully adds.

Thast not his fault. Blame the owners of the cars.

Comment

that was the most idiotic statement I think I have yet heard in a forum. Don't blame Milzy for no dynos? Look, if you provide a product that is that chintzy that you can't provide viable numbers....

Putting an intake on is one thing, ok it doesn't flow that hot, no biggie, no major damage. However, putting in different internals is something different all together. It doesn't do what you wanted it to, BOOM. Major expense.

Now, if you're a blind sheep and dont care what goes in under your hood, that's up to you. But some of us are putting alot of money into engines and would like to know what kind of specs and numbers are being achieved with them. That's the responsibility of the product manufacturer/provider, period. Can you put a definition on a "stage" ? Go for it.......nuff said.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats been my problem with Milzy cam and head stuff all along. No specs on anything. Its stupid.

I know specs are avalible but why are they not on the site?
                              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X