2000+ 3400 rebuild for a t-4 into a 1991 z-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000+ 3400 rebuild for a t-4 into a 1991 z-24

All Right so here's the deal.. in a couple of month's i'll be deploying to an "undisclosed" location for 4-5 months. When i get back I will have a shit load of cash and i'm going to want to start my build-up for my car.. i found a 91 z-24 in a junk yard for $300, the guy told me i can take what ever i need to make it a whole car, I.E. the engine, because all that is wrong on it is the engine.. i have owned other z-24's in the past and done a little here and there with engines, turbo's, nitrous... but by no means could i call my self an expert in any of the area's, just lucky and mechanically inclined.. I want to take a 3400 out of a newer grand and build it up for a t-4 at around 20 lbs of boost. i want to also rebuild the thing and i've been looking into performance cranks/heads/rods and shit.. NOW REMEMBER BY NO MEANS DO I CALL MY SELF AN EXPERT. but all the cranks i'v found so far raise the compression to around 11.7-1. i no i need a lot less then that to run that kinda boost without killing my engine from knock. also i know i want to put a stand alone engine management system/ fuel management system in it but i don't know what the best kind to get is.. basically any info you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.. and well taken into thought Thank you

You can buy aftermarket cranks for a 3400? Thats news to me.

Oh and im not counting products from Mantapart, JBP or RSM as aftermarket.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

i'm not sure if it's aftermarket but milzy motor sports offers one but you have to buy there heads to go with it..

Comment

That would be a cam...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

They want you to buy the heads but you dont really need to. They dont even have specs on their cams so who knows what the fuck you are getting.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

My bad i must have read it wrong.. anyway's does anyone have any advise on the project or know anyone who has done something similar...

The more i read into this stuff the more it's startng to confuse me.. there's no one who can say ya this is how it should be set up.. it's all good if i can rebuild and maintain 40 million dollor jet's i'm pretty sure i can figure this one out.. just need to know where to get started

Comment

-Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
              X