New mods +added pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mods +added pics

Picked up a set of Crane gold rollers new in the box for $40 bucks , started tearing down motor last night , gonna rip the blower off and have some preofessional welding done in a couple areas , bolt holes and the egr passage.

Debating weather or not to just go ahead and replace the 272 cam now with either a custom solid tappet or a solid roller and do the conical springs and titanium retainers as well , but not to sure about that just yet.

I had to order a adapter from tiger direct usb to db9(?) my new compaq laptop didnt have a db9 port so I havent been able to get back into messing with the parameters.

Ordered all the weather striping as well as a new carpet kit , might have it all repainted in two weeks.

On another note put the nova into a shop to have it caged and the front pans replaced.
    1992 Chevrolet S10
    2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Your gonna replace thoes crazy ass shaft mounts for Crane rockers?

I don't know if you drive your truck on the street much. But if you do I would not put in a cam with much more duration that a 272 cam.

Conical springs are sweet. Gm ones from the LS7 or Comp springs would be the way to go. The LS7 has titanium retainers but I dont know about the LS1 LS2 or LS6
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I still have the shaft rockers but I never mouted them because I didnt really see the point in buying pushrods just to run them on the 272 cam. So I put in sbc roller tips 1.6 and put 1100 miles or so on it.

These cranes I got are the 1.5's though , fine with me. I have been reading the posts on the forum about the springsif I dont do it this go round I will make it a project during the winter for sure.

I got the top half of the engine off tonight , almost tore off the heads but I stopped.

Some pics from earlier

1992 Chevrolet S10
      2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

damn. New for $40!!! I hate you. I picked up some used ones on ebay for $100 a few weeks ago. And I thought I got a good deal. Good score.

Comment

I know I just stumbled upon them I been doing that for years now on ebay typing in common mispelled words and finding things. One time I saw a guy list a New nitrous kit as NYTROUS , LOL.

So far the budget for building this engine has been great , especially considering I won the crate motor for 65 bucks , then sold the pistons in it for 30 and the crank for 90 , lmao.

Heres the ebay link to the rockers

1992 Chevrolet S10
          2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

Hell yeah, that is a great deal Bolts right into your setup too, can't beat that!
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hell yeah. Very nice score! Fuck I havn't been watching the ebay auctions lately, damn, asleep at the wheel and then these go up! argh.

Looks good.

Solid Roller, You know you want to
              Colin
              92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Working...
              X