3.4 head/intake porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 head/intake porting

ok, i've heard some mixed up comments about how not to port your engine....

it was mentioned that there are some runners that aid in the flow for intake air... i heard once that they are in the head, and another time that they are in the lower intake....

the head does have a verticle vane sticking out of the intake runner... but the lower intake manifold only has a slope from around the fuel injector...

I left the vane in the head, but took out both sides of the slope around the fuel injector to gasket-match to the heads...

did i mess up? or did i do ok?

you did goog leaving the vane in the head. but i dont know about the intake, but i supose it cant hurt.
    If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

As long as the vane is there and you didnt hack down the injector hump, you are fine. You want to leave the injector hump alone for the most part, other than a quick cleanup of the casting on the surface. Got any pictures?
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

no, no pics... I have just been doing it with a carbide bit on a drill... i cant get too far into the runners... and they are fine the way they are... there is just that hump around the injector which trails down all the way to the bottem of the runner on an agle... there is lots of material at the bottem... i just increased the angle and took out the extra material at the bottem so there isnt a huge vaccum on the head-side since the head-side does not have that ridge.... just smoothed that transition out.... didnt remove any material actually around the injector.

thanks so much, i was really worried there since this is my first time doing anything performance like.

I'll grab my Canon and take some snappy snappy's next time i go to the garage.

Comment

Working...
        X