No announcement yet.

S/C kits for the 3X00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at what point would manifold pressure be an issue and as for "wasted time" on a build up of any proportion would not only save money but it would also allow the chance for some much needed hands-on experience.
    \"Be a lion for your own cause.\"

Comment

i know RSM's kit for the 3.4L camaro/firebird wasnt impressive at all (i actually got a good laugh out of it), i dont remember the #'s but russell was making more power NA with a 3X00 top end on his car than some guy that had the RSM supercharger kit
      3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

the problem lies in the cars computer system. to run what I wanted I would have to replace the entore computer system and harness in the car. Not an option at this point. Plus the supplier I was using for the crankshaft screwed me so I am using a stock piece. Those were the only hang ups but they were big ones. And the difference is a lot of horsepower.
        95 Beretta Z-26
        Don't need nitrous to go fast.
        Global peace through deadly force!

Comment

I was looking at this kit, but i live in california! and I don't have the conections that i used to have to get it through smog! the main problem besides the CARB Cert (E.O#) is that you do away with the mass air flow sensor! So I'm thinking there using old softwear from an OBD1 vehicle? and there's now way it will pass smog test with out all the components. There pluging your car into the the smog machine now to verfy the sensor reading and no codes reading!

PS. I'm not sure how realibly the info is, but I've been told people have had a lot of trouble with the bearings on the drive shaft! But then i dont know anyone to verfy that info!
          2002 Pontiac GrandAm GT1
          3400 v6
          TOG headers
          RSM 62MM T-body
          FFP underdrive pulley
          GRANATELLI MAF
          Ported upper intake
          MSD DIS 4 ignition box
          MSD Wires and coils (pending)
          Venom high flow fuel pump (pending)

Comment

I live in California too....

I can't get that s/c either, they use a MAP program and discard the MAF. Don't even think about trying to smog it. You could have your car confinscated for defeating all the smog equipment. California is strict but they have to be, alot of people with asthma because of the pollution.

Comment

Why not go for a Turbo? You can do it for far less, and have the benefits of cooler compressed air using an intercooler
              Regards,

Todd E. Johnson

Comment

you can intercool the RSM setup and rom what ive seen its pretty solid though the price may seem high (considering your average new CSC costs in the range of $1800-$2000, im not sure if they are using paxton blowers though)

I def am not a fan of the way they do thier tuning and ive seen a few folks have better success doing HP Tuners or DHP on boost if your ODBII.

eliteweapons, I just finished an ODBII swap myself and its a bit of a pain but not too bad (can be done in a weekend) if you have the parts you need. Steph (spacecadet) managed it on 2 of her brettas.

1995 Monte Carlo LS
                3400 SFI 60v6
                FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

Working...
                X