• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my first mod...

Cone style filter. Easy install.
    1)Removed air cleaner box.
    2)Bought an exhaust coupler from Autozone. 3" ID to 3" OD
    3)Put 3" OD side into intake hose then big end into the cone filter.
    Thought that would help. Like a venturii effect. Car never breaks traction, but now it squeals a bit. Figure that may have been worth 3-5 hp.
    I am now enrolled in a federally funded program for auto tech. Employers come in and ask for techs on a weekly basis. Happy that my hobby is going to pay off.
    I made a list for my instructor for projects on my car.
    1)Possibly new alternator.
    2)New heater core. <-----probably won't f*ck with this one.
    3)Recharge or fix a/c. It's been around 105 for 3 weeks straight!!!!!!
    4)New water pump.
    5)New struts. Might as put in lowering springs too.
    6)New serpentine and timing chain.
    7)Motor mounts. Definately!
    Transmission flush and put in B&M quick shift.
    I should figure out how much labor that would be. I'm guessing I'll save 2000.00 worth of labor in the end, at least. Looks like my Maverick is gonna' sit for another year.

RE: Made my first mod...

right on! did you take pics?
    I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

No....

sorry no pics...oh well...but it is real loud! Sounds cool. I want to replace the transmission fluid with the trick shift. That should take about a 1/2 to a second off my quarter mile time. These transmissions take about 3/4 of a second to shift, at least.The filter probably took a 1/10 off. The high -flow cat and flowmaster 40 series to a dump out by the axle should be worth 2/10's more. So maybe a conservative 7/10's off of stock 1/4 mile time. Low 16's? The other big one is the low gears. I have a Corsica donor car lined up but I'm not sure if it has the 3.83's in it. It's four-door with a 4 cylinder. 1992 I think.

Comment

Working...
      X