No announcement yet.

supercharged 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might want to check out www.v6z24.com / www.domesticcrew.com for info on the 3400 swaps.

Even though you are on the completely wrong message board for 3800 questions / topics, here is a z24 (same as sunbird) with a 3800 http://www.v6z24.com/registry/blownz/. There are several others two.

There are several people running faster with turbo'd 3x00 engines.

I have a bit of engine work done to my sunbird, check out my website listed below.

feavs

Comment

Originally posted by feavs
      you might want to check out www.v6z24.com / www.domesticcrew.com for info on the 3400 swaps.

Even though you are on the completely wrong message board for 3800 questions / topics, here is a z24 (same as sunbird) with a 3800 http://www.v6z24.com/registry/blownz/. There are several others two.

There are several people running faster with turbo'd 3x00 engines.

I have a bit of engine work done to my sunbird, check out my website listed below.

feavs
      www.feavs.com
      Nice site! What kind of block is that? And pardon my ignorance....but what is the 3x00 motor?Is it a 3.1 or 3.4 hybrid? Who is the hot chick in the pic's?

Comment

3x00 refers to either the 3100 or 3400.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
          3x00 refers to either the 3100 or 3400.
          exactly what does it mean?

Comment

The 3100 and 3400 are the newer generation of the 2.8/3.1 They call it the 3100/3400 because it's a Gen III motor, where as the 2.8/3.1 are Gen II motors. The heads are different, the intake, some castings on the block, as well as the oiling and the 3100/3400's have roller cams, not flat tappets like the 2.8/3.1.
            Curtis
            91\' Turbo Z24
            http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

I think he is referring to what does "3x00" mean. Its just easier to type 3x00 versus 3100/3400 when discussing the engines. They are very similar, so most discussions about them can apply to both engines, thus we came up with 3x00 to discuss them easier.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gen2speed

Nice site! What kind of block is that? And pardon my ignorance....but what is the 3x00 motor?Is it a 3.1 or 3.4 hybrid? Who is the hot chick in the pic's?

Stock 3.1 block, bored out to a 3.2 (.030" over bore).
                Just as everyone said, the "x" in "3x00" is just a variable for either 1 or 4 (i.e.: 3100 or 3400), which is the newer 3.1 or 3.4. Hot chick would be my g/f. It was taken for the hotbodies contest on www.j-body.org.

feavs

Comment

Originally posted by feavs

Stock 3.1 block, bored out to a 3.2 (.030" over bore).
                  Just as everyone said, the "x" in "3x00" is just a variable for either 1 or 4 (i.e.: 3100 or 3400), which is the newer 3.1 or 3.4. Hot chick would be my g/f. It was taken for the hotbodies contest on www.j-body.org.

feavs
                  www.feavs.com
                  And now I know....and knowing is half the battle!!
                  Thanks to all...I'll update everyone of how the event's unfold and what get's done to the car.
                  Hey feavs....what times have you run in that car at the drag?

Comment

Hey feavs....what times have you run in that car at the drag?
                    Never run it. It needs a clutch in the worse way (to the point where its not drivable). I need to swap a suspension on as well. But before I do all of that, I need a new body to put this motor in. Fucking rust.

Anyone know any 91+ j-bodys that are cheap and not in any cold places (i.e: ontario).

Comment

Anyone know any 91+ j-bodys that are cheap and not in any cold places (i.e: ontario).
                      The boneyards are full of pristine bodies down here in Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRaider
                        The boneyards are full of pristine bodies down here in Texas...
                        I hate you
                        11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                        10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Yeah, there are a decent number of cars that end up in the yards, completely clean cars, just blown motors. Nothing rusts down here, that's why Colin got some doors down here for his and his brother's cars when he was visiting, and I shipped them too him.
                          Curtis
                          91\' Turbo Z24

Comment

Originally posted by TurboZ24
                            Yeah, there are a decent number of cars that end up in the yards, completely clean cars, just blown motors. Nothing rusts down here, that's why Colin got some doors down here for his and his brother's cars when he was visiting, and I shipped them too him.
                            How much do the clean cars with bitched motors go for usually at the yards?

Comment

How much do the clean cars with bitched motors go for usually at the yards?
                              I've never asked. I'm going to a Pick-N-Pull tomorro.w and will ask them.

Comment

Unfortunately they usually want too much, becuase they get more out of the car parting it out then someone would be willing too pay for the whole car. I try too get them from people before they sell them too the yards. I mean if their best offer it 100-200 from a yard, offer them 300 or so.
                                Curtis
                                91\' Turbo Z24

Comment

Working...
                                X