Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Camaro rs v6 swaps

new to the site please don't bash me

i would like to know whats the newest v6 engine i can swap into my camaro cuse i would like to have one of the faest v6 camaros on long island ..please dont get me wrogn im not just shooting my mouth off i have got the money to get things done so if there any sites referring to an high performance heads, headers, maybe an alloy block so i can build my 60 degrees from ground up then swap in.. i donno im starting to ramble any performance parts would be nice an engine dress up ...
    ps my 91 camaro is a 60 degree 3.1L yes? thinking 3.4?

RE: 91 Camaro rs v6 swaps

just keep low, search this section and you will find your awnsers. asking "how can i build a fast car" will get you nowhere
    3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

RE: 91 Camaro rs v6 swaps

or you could just point him in a direction

it realy depends on what you want to do for the swap. i mean, you could get a 3.4l from a 93-95 camaro, turbo it. you could swap a 3800 into it from a 95+ camaro, or 3800 s/c (the 3800 isnt a 60 degree v6, no info on that on this site). you could go with a custom drivers side mount and somehow do a 3.4l TDC motor in it, then turbo that. the nice thing about the f-body is for v6, whatever you can imagine isnt as hard as most other gm vehicles.

Comment

Re: RE: 91 Camaro rs v6 swaps

Originally posted by sharkey
        or you could just point him in a direction
        but he might want to be a crackhead, and i give favor to adding a 3.4L RWD block from a 93-95 camaro, adding a set of forged 3400 pistons with floating writspins, having a set of forged lightweight rods made with the proper wristpin dia. for the 3400 pistons (or having the pistons made for the 3.4L pin dia.), having his stock crank polished, modify a windage tray from a FWD car to fit his main caps, then use a set of ported 2000+ 3X00 heads/manifolds with a 228/234 .568/.588 cam along with a t3/t4 turbo and an air to water intercooler and a nice alky injection kit

then he might start thinking that he wants to boost his car.. i dont wanna be the guy that got him confused
        3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

wow lota info from the guy above im kinda simple i was goin to buy a crate motor then work it cams lifters heads ported flowed i was thinkin more supercharger i donno but thanks for your infor i will search the site thank you for not riping me a new one im 20 an i just got back to muscle cars.....cuse its easy an im finding out cheap to keep my pockets full

Comment

well I don't know much.
            I'm sure someone has tried a 4.3. IIRC they have like 200 horses and like 250 lbs of torque, I don't know how the aftermarket is but I'm sure they have the basics like headers and cams, intake are pretty easy to fab up and exhaust is as simple as going to a shop.
            I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

Working...
            X