Squires Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squires Turbo

What would it take to fab up a system like this for and mpfi setup on a 3.2L?? What size of turbo would be best and trim size

Check it out at www.ststurbo.com
    Why pay someone to do the work, it costs alot and you don\'t learn s*^t!!!

RE: Squires Turbo

If you read the info on the site, it states that they have a housing made for them and that there would be a serious issue with lag if you used any other turbo, and they don't recomend using their turbo at the engine. I didn't see a do-it-yourself kit for sale, just vehicle specific kits. I would be more skeptical if it wasn't for the right-up in popular hotrodding.

Comment

RE: Squires Turbo

There is a significant discussion about that kit over on GAGT.com...
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I contacted them a while ago and said they can have a local shop contract out the custom work and they do have a universal kit, which includes, lines, turbo,filter, piping, but it all has to be made for your car at a local shop. Such as the crossover and shit like that. I would really like to do the STS kit if i had the extra cash

Comment

Theres a guy over at www.v6z24.com who has a z24 with a homemade remote turbo setup. With a stock 3.1, at 10psi he ran a 13.9. He has since put a stock 3400, and a bigger turbo, and is running mid 12's.

His name is 89jyturbo, check his registry, he has quite a bit of info on the forum as well.

feavs

Comment

sweet

Comment

Originally posted by feavs
              Theres a guy over at www.v6z24.com who has a z24 with a homemade remote turbo setup. With a stock 3.1, at 10psi he ran a 13.9. He has since put a stock 3400, and a bigger turbo, and is running mid 12's.

His name is 89jyturbo, check his registry, he has quite a bit of info on the forum as well.

feavs
              www.feavs.com
              With a 3spd or a Getrag? I plan on running upto 12lbs on my Na 3.1 with TGP setup. I was shooting for better then 13.9 :P
              '91 Beretta GT 282 swap GONE

'98 BMW M Roadster stage 2+ boosted

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt tuned

'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonGT282
                Originally posted by feavs

feavs
                www.feavs.com
                With a 3spd or a Getrag? I plan on running upto 12lbs on my Na 3.1 with TGP setup. I was shooting for better then 13.9 :P
                From the guy's mod list in registry:
                "Bully Stage III clutch"

A forum community dedicated to J-body owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, engine swaps, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Just taking a stab in the dark, but prolly not a 3 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonGT282
                  yah it's a 5 speed.

Comment

Personally, I'd put a turbo as close to the headers as possible. Any benefits of a rear mounted turbo are far outweighted by the drawbacks when compared with a conventional setup. The LS1 front mounts (conventional turbo kits) make SIGNIFICANTLY more power than the STS kits when using the same turbo at the same boost level on a stock engine.

Tim
                    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

not to mention oiling issues
                      If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

the remote mount turbo setup is kinda cool. yea you can do a turbo under the hood, but a lot of the time there is fitment issues, especialy with small cars and big motors (j bodies for one). the guy there proved that. mid 12s from a remote mount turbo, an untouched 3400 and methanol injection. that there proves the remote mount turbo isnt that bad of a setup.

when i was looking at building it, i was thinking of an oil cooler, an oil tank and a pump, all mouted in the back. this would mean no oil lines have to be run from the engine. all you would have to run to the front is the charge pipe and a vacume line. there is no crossover pipes to build, dont have to relocate the battery, and the engine bay could look pretty much stock. you dont need an intercooler, as the long charge pipe acts as about a 50% efficient intercooler. its a lot cheaper of a setup to build if you dont have all the resources (ie welder). getting charge pipes, exaust pipes, ect bent up and welded can be real expensive. all you have to do with a remote mount is remove the muffler and put a flange on it, and have a short pipe out of the hot section. the charge side is basicly just getting another exaust bent up.

Comment

Working...
                        X